Thursday, September 27, 2018

Go with the shift!


Alright, you will have to roll with me on this one! As I was praying, I asked the Lord to show me what the people needed today. I felt like you need a “right where I am” kind of word. I know I do! So, as I was laying there, the Lord took me into a vision. I was standing in the middle of a grove of tall pine trees. As I looked up, I could see the top of the trees and the gray sky above it. All of a sudden, the trees started to rotate in a circle, almost as if I was on a carousel, except I wasn’t moving…just the trees. I literally started to get dizzy and my head hurting from staring in one spot while the background moved. It was disconcerting and intense. I asked the Lord why He was doing that and why it had to hurt. This is what He told me.

So many of my people have dug in to a position. They have decided that this is where they are supposed to be or where they are comfortable being. Meanwhile, I am trying to change their perspective. I’m trying to show them that though their environment hasn’t changed, the way they approach that place has. It’s time to go with the shift. It’s time to look beyond what comfort and tradition says and move with Me.

Whoa! Okay, God! So why did my head have to hurt? Why am I still (as I type) feeling the effects of dizziness? He again responded…

When you decide that it’s easier to stay in a place or a mindset when I’m trying to move you, you are working against my flow. Your equilibrium is off and therefore you are not able to function at the level of effectiveness at which I have called you to operate.

I’m sorry if this seems all over the place! I’m literally typing as He speaks to me. I had to stop and look up equilibrium so that I understood what the Lord was saying. Equilibrium is a state in which opposing forces or influences are balanced; a state of physical balance; a calm state of mind. Saints! The Lord is speaking and moving and if you are fighting that, you are not going to be able to do what He has ordained you and called you to do. Stop staying in a place that God has shifted you out of. For some of you, it is a physical place but for some of you, it is a mindset. You cannot stay in bitterness and expect revival. You cannot stay in sadness and expect joy. It’s time to go with the flow of God. It’s time to respond to His challenge to move and grow.

When I was watching those trees move but not turning with them, it hurt my head because my mind and body were working at cross-purposes to what was happening around me. I was not moving with the shift. If I had turned with the trees, I would have been moving in the same direction, therefore balanced with the movement, and thus not been hurt.  I’m reminded of one of the few times the Israelites got it right and followed the Lord’s shift. In Exodus 40:33-35, the tabernacle was completed and the glory of the Lord filled it. Then comes verses 36-38. “Now whenever the cloud lifted from the Tabernacle, the people of Israel would set out on their journey, following it.  But if the cloud did not rise, they remained where they were until it lifted. The cloud of the Lord hovered over the Tabernacle during the day, and at night fire glowed inside the cloud so the whole family of Israel could see it. This continued throughout all their journeys.(NLT) Do you see what happened? The people kept their eyes on God’s presence and movement. When He moved, they moved and when He did not move, they stayed still. When they followed His shift, they received instruction and progress.

Saints, look at your position and evaluate whether you are missing God because you have dug into an easy and comfortable place. If so, please move. You do not want to get hurt because He is trying to change your perspective and you are fighting it. Get up! Get out! Move! Do whatever He is saying because otherwise you will not only be ineffective but you will get hurt.
Amen

No comments: