Friday, June 8, 2018

Stay on assignment!

Here I am in the last minutes before midnight and no Rhema. Nothing! No deep advice or metaphors…just silence.  Oh wait…there was also me and the assignment to write. I decided that I wouldn’t panic or stress or worry about the time but instead, I would just do the assignment. You see, sometimes we complicate the issue by trying to find the answer to our problems floating off in space, when in fact, the answer is a misplaced assignment. Think about Joseph, despite everything that was done to him, he stayed obedient and open to what the Lord said from the beginning and he was blessed. Brothers and sisters, be found doing your assignment. If He said write, please write. If He said love, my God, show some love to someone. What is saying to you?

Remember Ruth? Yeah, Boaz found her working but the real story is how she stayed on assignment. She knew she was to stay with Naomi and in order to do that, she had to work. “But Ruth replied, “Don’t ask me to leave you and turn back. Wherever you go, I will go; wherever you live, I will live. Your people will be my people, and your God will be my God. Wherever you die, I will die, and there I will be buried. May the Lord punish me severely if I allow anything but death to separate us!””(Ruth‬ ‭1:16-17‬ ‭NLT‬‬) She was on assignment! The fact that Boaz found her working was a byproduct of being in position and on her assignment.

Listen, God doesn’t make mistakes nor is He taken unaware by the enemy’s schemes. Don’t miss the blessing because you are doing something other than your assignment. Don’t waste time worrying about someone else’s assignment while yours lies dormant. Don’t throw your assignment to the side because of your circumstances or the opinion of man. It’s time to walk out the assignment that He gave, whether great or small.  It’s time to get in position NOW! Please don’t disrespect the faith that God had in you when He gave you that assignment by ignoring Him. He knew what He was doing and trust me, His plan always works.

Amen

No comments: