Thursday, May 31, 2018

Stay the course!

I had a whole lot that I wanted to say today. A whole lot of observations and opinions that I, Ebony, wanted to share. But every time I started writing, the Lord would only let me get so far before shutting me down. You see, the great thing about God is that when you allow Him to be in control, He won’t let your flesh win. He will ever so sweetly or abruptly, set you straight, depending on how hard headed you are! Today, He asked me to step aside so that He could share a simple thought with you. Ready? Stay the course. Do what He has told you to do and don’t get distracted or tricked into going a different way. Please don’t do it! You see, the enemy works in the familiar. I mean, look at how many people in the Bible were thrown off by people that were close to them. But here’s the thing! What God says about you supersedes any trick or trap that the enemy tries. But you have to remember what He said! If He called you leader…LEAD! If He called you teacher…TEACH! And if He called you to be still…my God, BE STILL! It is OK! Our instructions aren’t always these huge, intricate plans. Sometimes, they are “go” or “sow” or “love”. Whatever your instruction, stay the course. Don’t let the opinion of man or their interpretation make you stop. Stay the course!

“You’re blessed when you stay on course, walking steadily on the road revealed by GOD. You’re blessed when you follow his directions, doing your best to find him. That’s right—you don’t go off on your own; you walk straight along the road he set. You, GOD, prescribed the right way to live; now you expect us to live it. Oh, that my steps might be steady, keeping to the course you set; Then I’d never have any regrets in comparing my life with your counsel. I thank you for speaking straight from your heart; I learn the pattern of your righteous ways. I’m going to do what you tell me to do; don’t ever walk off and leave me.” (Psalm‬ ‭119:1-8‬ ‭MSG‬‬)

My prayer for you today is that you will stay true to God’s Word concerning your life. I pray that you will be so confident and secure in what or who He calls you that no one can throw you off. I pray that your relationship with Him is so deep that a hiccup in the road or even a big boulder won’t change what you know to be true. Stay the course, man of God! You have breakthrough in your mouth and provision in your hands. Stay the course, woman of God! You have power in your prayers and victory in your vision. Don’t lose it and don’t fall off. If He said it, showed it, input it, He will surely finish it. Don’t miss your destination because you got off on the wrong exit. Stay the course!

Amen.


No comments: