Thursday, June 21, 2018

NEXT!


Ever since I entered into year 8 of Rhema, I’ve felt this sense of NEXT. I’m not sure what to do with it yet but I recognize that God is doing something new in me, my worship, and my prayer life. I’ve decided to just go with Him and His will. But I recognize that He is the type of God that can take what I consider to be over, and revitalize and refresh it. Today, I want to encourage you to tap into who God is. Tap into the majesty and depth of who He is. It’s time for you to look through fresh eyes and encouraged hearts, understanding that the God you serve is willing and able to do what you can’t, to take you where He wants you to be. That was a whole long sentence to say, He is ready to take you to your next, if you are willing to let Him.

As I was in prayer this morning, the Lord reminded me that He is big and that my expectation needs to match that. He reminded me of Philippians 4:19 and it truly blessed me. “And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.” (NKJV) Come on, somebody! But as I sat down to write He sent me to the VOICE translation and it  reads like this, “Know this: my God will also fill every need you have according to His glorious riches in Jesus the Anointed, our Liberating King.” So often, you miss what God wants to do in and through you because you start at your capability and your bank account and your strength. However, this verse is a reminder that what He wants to do is according to HIS riches, His Son. His ability. I want to shift your thinking today to a realm of NEXT. I want to reshape your expectation to a realm of POSSIBLE. I want to upgrade your plans to a realm of DESTINY.

You see, Philippians 4:19 lets us know that the way in which God meets your need is through His riches. He doesn’t meet you at your limit because you would never have enough. You would never be able to achieve the purpose that God has laid out for you because you, in your own strength and wealth, are not big enough. But if you start from “His glorious riches”, the possibilities are endless. I know that His riches are big enough to not only be about money but rather a supply of love, power, strength, comfort, energy, creativity, innovation, freedom etc. He wants you to understand that what He asks you for, He has given you the supply to accomplish it. You know that ministry He birthed in you, there is enough people, provision, and power to take it where it needs to go. You know that book He gave you, there’s enough creativity, words, and impact to take it where it needs to go. You know that compassion He gave you, there’s enough souls, love, and strength to take it where it needs to go.

It’s time for you to start looking at your assignment with the expectation of a giant God. He promised that He would meet every need from the starting place of His riches. You have to get in the position and posture that you expect Him to exceed your vision. I am convinced that many people are not living their best life because their expectation starts with them. He is too big to be limited to you! Will you make this verse part of your life song? Will you let it remind you that He is willing and able to take you where He has called you?  I am just crazy enough to believe that when you begin to walk, talk, and live like you believe who He is, you will begin to see an upgrade in your life.

Amen

No comments: