Thursday, May 3, 2018

Walls, come down!


This morning I was in my devotional time and the Lord told me to do something for my retreat that I have been praying about using someone else to do. He simply said, “YOU can do it.” I wrestled with that thing, y’all! I shook myself and asked if I was ready for it and started praying again but the response didn’t change. I know that I am called and anointed for what I am doing but I still have moments that I question if I have what it takes. Maybe you do too. What have you not done, not tried or not completed because of fear, doubt or opinions? Today, the Lord told me to tell you to stop. Stop with the “I’m not sure!” Stop with the “they did it like this.” Stop with the “I don’t have the money.” Stop with the “I’m too _____!” Stop with the “I can’t!” Today, it’s time to kick down the wall that was built by the thoughts and opinions of you and other people. Today, you take the city!

Do you remember the story of Jericho? Its inhabitants locked the city down because they were afraid of the Israelites. A wall surrounded the city and no one came in or went out. The Lord gave Joshua detailed instructions and a promise that if they obeyed, the wall would come down and they could take the city. He told them,

See! I have given Jericho into your hand, its king, and the mighty men of valor. You shall march around the city, all you men of war; you shall go all around the city once. This you shall do six days.  And seven priests shall bear seven trumpets of rams’ horns before the ark. But the seventh day you shall march around the city seven times, and the priests shall blow the trumpets.  It shall come to pass, when they make a long blast with the ram’s horn, and when you hear the sound of the trumpet, that all the people shall shout with a great shout; then the wall of the city will fall down flat. And the people shall go up every man straight before him.” (Josh. 6:2-5 NKJV)

Joshua called the priests, gave them instructions and then told the people what they were to do. “You shall not shout or make any noise with your voice, nor shall a word proceed out of your mouth, until the day I say to you, ‘Shout!’ Then you shall shout.” (Josh. 6:10 NKJV)

This is where I want to stop.  Folks, two really important things happened here. God gave the instructions for the process and then told the people to shut their mouths until they had carried out those instructions. Let that marinate. I’ll wait…

Listen. The Lord has given you everything that you need to accomplish whatever He told you to do. Your only responsibility is to obey the instructions and keep your mouth shut until you finish. Your wall will come down if you don’t stop it with your mouth. When the Lord told me that I could do what He told me, that should have been the end of my mouth running. The Bible says that if He has said it, He will do it and if He has spoken it, He will make it good (Numbers 23:19). So why are you slowing down your progress with what you don’t think you have? Why are you holding someone else up with your excuses and your self-doubt? That wall was obliterated by obedience! The only thing that remained of the wall and city was silver, gold, bronze and iron, which went into the Lord’s treasury. Did you peep that? If you trust Him, he will take what held you up and bless the Kingdom with it. Goodbye, wall! Time to take the city!

Amen…

No comments: