Thursday, May 24, 2018

Go!


The last couple of weeks, Rhema has flowed pretty easily. They haven’t been easy words but I heard them clearly. This morning…not so much! I did what I normally do and waited but nothing. Then I sat down at the computer and just started tapping my fingers on the computer keyboard as though I was typing. The screen remained empty but I put a demand on my fingers to do what God called me to do. Eventually, words began to appear on the screen as the Lord began to speak. I realized that I was waiting when I should be acting. He met me when I started doing what He told me to do. Now…don’t get me wrong! There are many times that the Lord says not to move until He says so but sometimes He has done the instructing and He is waiting for you put into action what you know He said. I wonder how many of you have been stuck on the instruction but haven’t moved to the action? Today, I want to challenge you to GO!

This morning, the Lord took me back to just after the Resurrection. Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to the tomb to visit when there was a great earthquake. The angel of the Lord appeared and rolled the stone away. The guards that were on duty fainted in fear. “Then the angel spoke to the women. “Don’t be afraid!” he said. “I know you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified.  He isn’t here! He is risen from the dead, just as he said would happen. Come, see where his body was lying. And now, go quickly and tell his disciples that he has risen from the dead, and he is going ahead of you to Galilee. You will see him there. Remember what I have told you.” (Matt. 28:5-7 NLT) Okay. Did you see the instructions?

Ok…here’s the good part. “The women ran quickly from the tomb. They were very frightened but also filled with great joy, and they rushed to give the disciples the angel’s message. And as they went, Jesus met them and greeted them. And they ran to him, grasped his feet, and worshiped him.” (Matt. 28:8-9 NLT) This is the meat of what God told me to tell you today. Even though the women were afraid, they went. Even though they were completely overwhelmed, they had joy because they knew Jesus was in the instruction. AND AS THEY WENT, Jesus met them! He met them in the midst of their obedience. They had not even completed the assignment yet but because they went on His instruction, He met them. He allowed them to see Him and worship Him on their way.

And then do you know what He did? He confirmed the instruction. Then Jesus said to them, “Don’t be afraid! Go tell my brothers to leave for Galilee, and they will see me there.” (Matt. 28:10 NLT) Listen, saints! Go, where He sends you. Just go. Just obey. If He is in the instruction, He will give you what you need to get to the end of it. Before their fear stopped them from getting to the end, He met them and cancelled it. He rewarded their obedience with His presence and assurance. He let them know that they didn’t hear wrong. He let them know that He would follow through with what He had instructed.  AS THEY WENT!

Man of God, if He told you to do it, He will keep you through it. Woman of God, if He showed it to you, He will encourage you through it. Fear has no power when Jesus is in it unless you allow it to. Jesus trusted those women to obey. He didn’t give anyone else the instruction. He could have easily had the angel appear to the disciples but He was building the women’s faith. He was reminding them that He was still there. Don’t forsake the trust He put in you. Don’t let fear keep you from fulfilling the assignment that is uniquely yours. I promise you that as you go, He will always show up!

Amen.

No comments: