Thursday, September 15, 2016

Just do it!



Happy Thursday, family! For those that look for an early Rhema, I apologize! I've been traveling  and getting in a place to actually write has been a challenge. From lots of moving around to not feeling well, to work, my day has been crazy. So I will get right to the point of what God shared with me today. Ready? Here goes... Complete the assignment! Finish whatever it is that God has been talking to you about for the last few years, months, and days. In the words of Nike, “just do it”! God showed me today that no matter what came against me – distractions, confusion, sickness, the assignment didn't change. He told me that if I would just do what He says, He would always get me to the finish line. The key is in the obedience to what He has said. You can't complete anything that you don't start!

I know what's coming next! I can almost hear the chorus of “but the enemy…” Nope! It's time out for using the enemy as an excuse. He’s real but he’s definitely played out! You serve a God that is bigger than any other. He is the King of kings and the Lord of lords, the Great I Am. The enemy cannot hold a candle to the One that sits high and looks low. And if you are really honest, the enemy doesn't have to do all that much to mess you up. If he can throw one small distraction in your path, your whole plan for the day can be shot. It's happened to me more times than I can count. You know,  something minor becomes major within minutes because it happened at a key moment in time. Think about it, how many times have you been working on a project and someone called you and all of a sudden your focus shifts and your project is pushed to the side or forgotten? A lot, right?! But as we talked about last week, this is birth month!  God has set some things before you and given you a due date. You cannot afford to allow the enemy’s tricks to sidetrack you anymore. You have an assignment to complete!

I want to close with the words of Paul as he was writing to the Corinthian church. It took me completely by surprise because he is talking about giving and it wasn't what I was looking for.  But his words both blessed and challenged me to push forward towards completion. I wanted to share it with you in the Message translation because it spoke to me.  “So here’s what I think: The best thing you can do right now is to finish what you started last year and not let those good intentions grow stale. Your heart’s been in the right place all along. You’ve got what it takes to finish it up, so go to it. Once the commitment is clear, you do what you can, not what you can’t. The heart regulates the hands.”(2 Cor.‬ ‭8:10-12 ‭MSG) This is a clear lesson about giving but what greater gift can you give the Lord than honoring His purpose and plan for your life? So let's get to it! It's time to let your heart push your hands to move. It's time to stop letting the enemy talk you out of expansion. It's time to tell fear and worry to exit so that faith and trust can enter. Its’ time to acknowledge the contractions and head to the delivery room! It's time, Saints, to complete your assignment!

Amen

No comments: