Thursday, August 6, 2015

He is a GREAT GOD!


Last night, the bible study focus at my church was Hebrews 7, where you find a wonderful description of Jesus Christ as our High Priest. Can I tell you that it blessed me?! I mean, it really blessed me to think about Jesus as my intercessor and the perfect solution to the problems of the world! As I reflected on that this morning, I just kept thinking about who Jesus is in my life and I got excited! Saints, it gave me joy to just think about God, the Father, Son, and the Holy Ghost! It got so good to me that I wanted to invite you to share with me. You see, it’s so easy to get bogged down by what is happening in your daily life and in the world. People are dying, hunger is rampant, and sin abounds but I want to remind you that you serve a God that is truly amazing! If you don’t mind, can I just remind you of who God is?

He is Jehovah Shalom, your peace in the midst of struggle and circumstance! His peace surpasses all understanding and will guard your heart and your mind in Christ Jesus.

He is the God of all comfort, when you have been battling grief and depression and struggling to find your way out. “He comforts us in all of our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us.” (1 Cor. 1: 3-4)  You see, it’s working for your good and giving a purpose to your pain.

God is Jehovah Shammah! He is present and available when you are fighting against loneliness and wondering how you are going to make it to the next minute, hour or day! Even in your darkest place, He is there! “Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for You are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.” (Ps. 23:4)

It’s getting good now! Some of you have been crying out for wisdom and understanding as you transition to your next level but God is El Shaddai! He is the all sufficient God who gives exactly what you need. The One who perfects and corrects and makes all things possible! “When Abram was ninety-nine years old, the Lord appeared to him and said, “I am El-Shaddai – God Almighty”. Serve me faithfully and live a blameless life. I will make a covenant with you, by which I will guarantee to give you countless descendants.” You just have to trust that what He brings you to, He has planned for! He is more than enough!

Do y’all understand why I got excited? You see, I know God to be Jehovah Jireh, my provider! When I look at what I have in the natural and then see how God has kept me, I know that He is providing for me! I know that when I am wondering how I will make it, He has set a ram in the bush for me! He knows what you need before you ask for it! “And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from His glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.” (Phil. 4:19)

When you have been going through so many battles, and it’s hard to lift your head up and keep going, God is Jehovah Ma’Ozi, your strength! Don’t you know that He will carry you, when you can’t pick yourself up? “The Lord is my strength and my song; He has given me victory. This is my God and I will praise Him- my father’s God, and I will exalt Him!” Even when your strength is gone, you win because God is fighting the battle for you! He has given you the victory!

I could literally go on and on! He is Jehovah Rapha, your healer! He is El Emunah, the faithful God! He is Jehovah Roi, the God who sees! He is El Ashiyb, the Lord your restorer! He is Your Rock, Your strong tower, your redeemer, and your salvation! He is quite simply the Great I AM! Sometimes, you can get caught up calling out the names of what is wrong in your life: sick, poor, angry, bitter, lonely, etc. But today, I challenge you to call out all of the things that God is in your life and I guarantee you that you will end up in a praise! He is truly worthy of every bit of it! Woooooo!! He’s a great God! May your soul be stirred, your heart be uplifted, your joy restored, and your spirit renewed as you think about the goodness of the Lord!

Be blessed…AMEN

 

No comments: