Thursday, August 13, 2015

There's NOBODY like The Lord!


You may have noticed from my last few posts that I am delighting in who God is! In all that I have going on in my life with family, work, church, ministry, God continues to show me who He is. He continues to remind me that if I keep my eyes on Him, I can’t go wrong. Yesterday, I was listening to Maranda Willis singing “There’s nobody like you, Lord!” and it blessed my soul! I thought about how easy it is to get caught up in what man is doing. You can’t wait to hear a word from a famous preacher. You don’t have time to study your bible or go to church because your boyfriend or girlfriend want you to do something. You can’t make a move without so and so’s approval. But I’m just here to testify today that there is NOBODY like the Lord! The old folks used to sing, “can’t nobody do me like Jesus” and it’s true! He is a provider! He is a deliverer! He is a healer! He is faithful when you can’t see your way. He is a friend when you are alone! There is NOBODY like the Lord! I want to encourage you today to keep God at the forefront in everything you do and those problems and circumstances that seem so big will begin to shrink. There’s NOBODY like the Lord!

Let all that I am praise the Lord; with my whole heart, I will praise His holy name.
 Let all that I am praise the Lord; may I never forget the good things he does for me.
 He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases.  He redeems me from death and crowns me with love and tender mercies.  He fills my life with good things. My youth is renewed like the eagle’s! The Lord gives righteousness and justice to all who are treated unfairly.
 He revealed His character to Moses and His deeds to the people of Israel.
The Lord is compassionate and merciful, slow to get angry and filled with unfailing love.
He will not constantly accuse us, nor remain angry forever.  He does not punish us for all our sins; He does not deal harshly with us, as we deserve. For His unfailing love toward those who fear Him is as great as the height of the heavens above the earth.  He has removed our sins as far from us as the east is from the west. The Lord is like a father to His children, tender and compassionate to those who fear Him. For He knows how weak we are; He remembers we are only dust. Our days on earth are like grass; like wildflowers, we bloom and die.
The wind blows, and we are gone—as though we had never been here. But the love of the Lord remains forever with those who fear him. His salvation extends to the children’s children of those who are faithful to His covenant, of those who obey His commandments!  The Lord has made the heavens His throne; from there He rules over everything. (Ps. 103: 1-19 NLT)

I love how David celebrates God and this is what my heart led me to share with you this morning.  I pray that you put yourself in David’s shoes and declare these things in your life. I pray that those of you that have been so caught up in people pleasing, and chasing position will remember that the God you serve is the ultimate promoter and position creator. He is God all by Himself and above Him there is no other! I pray that those of you who have been struggling in relationships because of selfishness or low self esteem will turn your focus away from what isn’t happening in your life and towards a God that is compassionate and unfailing in His love!  I pray that those of you that are having a hard time living the way God has called you to because others keep reminding you of who you used to be, will rejoice in a God that doesn’t deal with us like we deserve! I pray that those of you that just need a reminder, will praise the Lord with your whole heart and never forget all that He does for you! Saints, there is NOBODY like the Lord!

“So—who is like Me? Who holds a candle to Me?” says The Holy One. Look at the night skies:
    Who do you think made all this? Who marches this army of stars out each night, counts them off, and calls each by name— so magnificent, so powerful— and never overlooks a single one? Why would you ever complain, O Jacob, or, whine, Israel, saying, “God has lost track of me. He doesn’t care what happens to me”? Don’t you know anything? Haven’t you been listening?
God doesn’t come and go. God lasts.  He’s Creator of all you can see or imagine. He doesn’t get tired out, doesn’t pause to catch his breath. And He knows everything, inside and out.
He energizes those who get tired, gives fresh strength to dropouts. For even young people tire and drop out, young folk in their prime stumble and fall. But those who wait upon God get fresh strength. They spread their wings and soar like eagles, they run and don’t get tired, they walk and don’t lag behind.
(Is. 40: 25-31, MSG)

There’s NOBODY like HIM!

AMEN

No comments: