Thursday, August 27, 2015

Have Your Way, Lord!


Have Your way, Lord! Every Sunday someone says some version of this powerful statement at some point in the service in just about every church. In fact, many of you say it in your prayers daily. But here is the question that God put before me today. Do you really mean it? I almost got indignant!  God, what do You mean?! I want You to move and do what You do! His response? 'Well, then trust Me!' I began to think about what He was asking me. Am I speaking and talking like I truly want God to have His way in my life or does it just sound good to say? What about you? Could it be that you have made it a churchy thing to say but you aren't really putting the faith behind it? For a lot of folks, me included, it's time to get out of the way and let God REALLY have His way.

I immediately thought about Isaiah 55:8-11 where God speaks to Isaiah about how He thinks. It's truly one of my favorite passages and a promise that I stand on. He says in the Message translation, ““I don’t think the way you think. The way you work isn’t the way I work.” GOD’s Decree. “For as the sky soars high above earth, so the way I work surpasses the way you work, and the way I think is beyond the way you think. Just as rain and snow descend from the skies and don’t go back until they’ve watered the earth, Doing their work of making things grow and blossom, producing seed for farmers and food for the hungry, So will the words that come out of My mouth not come back empty-handed. They’ll do the work I sent them to do, they’ll complete the assignment I gave them.” Do you see what the Lord is saying here? Do you understand that He is telling you that though you may not understand how He's working in your situation and circumstance, if He said it, He will finish it?! It's a reminder that you can't do what God can do! You can't bring that child home but God can and He can orchestrate a series of events to make it happen that you never could have put together. You can't get that spouse on one accord with you but God can and He can make it so that the years that you lost battling are redeemed back. You can't make that pain go away but God can and He can make it so that you don't look like what you've been through. Have Your way, God!

God reminded me this morning that He is a present help! I can rely on Him! I can release control of people and situations that are distracting me. I can stop trying to figure it all out and simply let Him have His way. Jeremiah 29:11 spoke to me as I was meditating and praying on this word. “This is GOD ’s Word on the subject: “I know what I’m doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.” (MSG) It's an assurance that you can trust God to handle it all. When you say, "God, have Your way!” you can trust Him to take care of you through the process and that you will come out with the good future He has planned for you. I don't know about you but I feel a praise break! Have Your way, God! Have Your way in my home, in my finances, in my marriage! Have Your way in my workplace, in my church, in my relationships! Have Your way in my life! And when you release that control and ignite that trust and faith, you will see deliverance, joy, peace and restoration! Have Your way, God!

Amen

No comments: