Thursday, August 20, 2015

I BELIEVE!

Over the last few weeks, I have been celebrating who God is! It's just been on me to share with some and remind others of how great God is. It hasn't been a difficult task because He shows me daily how faithful and good He is. But today, as I sit home with a sick child, I heard the words 'what about now?'. Isn't that something? When all is right in your world, God is amazing and awesome and you can't stop giving Him the praise. But what about when you can't see a way out? What about when your child is sick and you can't help them? What about when your check says one thing but your bills say another? What is your response then? You see, it can be challenging when everything hits at once. But as I laid across my bed and prayed, I heard the simple chorus of one of Damion Murrill and Siloam's songs echo through my mind. It says, "I believe." And that's what it comes down to today. No matter what the enemy says, your response must be, "I believe!"

I was led to the story of Thomas in John 20. He was not around when Christ appeared to the disciples after His resurrection so he was doubtful when his brothers told him the story. “They told him, “We have seen the Lord!” But he replied, “I won’t believe it unless I see the nail wounds in his hands, put my fingers into them, and place my hand into the wound in his side.””(John 20:25 NLT) Does that sound familiar? Isn't that what happens in your mind when you face a new and different test? Even though you have seen God work in so many other situations, this new one seems too big, so you struggle to trust God until you see the end result. Your flesh will always tell you to look at circumstances with your natural eye. But aren't you grateful for a Savior that will meet you where you are? “Eight days later, his disciples were again in the room. This time Thomas was with them. Jesus came through the locked doors, stood among them, and said, “Peace to you.” Then he focused his attention on Thomas. “Take your finger and examine my hands. Take your hand and stick it in my side. Don’t be unbelieving. Believe.”” (John 20:26-27 MSG) You see, that's the kind of God I serve! He knew Thomas, just like He knows you, and He didn't lash out. He didn't put Him down or berate him. No, He met Thomas right where He was and brought Him out with a lesson! Jesus told him to stop doubting and believe. What more is He saying to you and me? I believe...

And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!” Jesus said to him, “Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.””(John 20:28-29 NKJV) There is a blessing in trusting and believing what you can't see. There is power in knowing that what God has done before, He can surely do again. Do you believe that God can take what you can't see and bring about miracles? The last two verses in that chapter remind us of that.  "And truly Jesus did many other signs in the presence of His disciples, which are not written in this book; but these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name.” (John 20:28-31 NKJV)

Isn't God faithful? He gives you what you need and more. Do you see that just by believing, you have gained life? Do you see that by believing, you will see miracles? Do you see that by believing, He will meet you where you are and give you divine lessons that will carry you forward in life? I declare to you today that I believe! I believe that you have what you need! I believe that you are healed! I believe that peace is yours. I believe that your joy is restored! I believe that the word God spoke to you will come to pass! I BELIEVE! May your faith be stirred up and your belief strengthened as you watch God work miracles in your life...


Amen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post. And truly a confirmation of what was spoken in my church on Sunday. To those who struggle with unbelief just pray and ask God to help you believe. Mark 9:23-24.