Thursday, July 30, 2015

Hold on to it!

This is the day that the Lord has made! I will rejoice and be glad in it! Are you feeling joyful? Are you excited for what God is doing in your life? If you’re a little slow to answer, let me encourage you this morning! God is with you and He wants you to remember that what He has given you is not temporary. God said hold on to it and don’t let the enemy snatch it back. What do you mean, Ebony? God showed me that some of you are fighting to hold on to the breakthrough that He gave you. Some are battling not to turn back to the old relationship that brought you down. Some are even struggling to keep the faith in the midst of rough circumstances. Today, God is saying hold on… I’m in the fight with you!

I ended up in Isaiah 41 this morning where God is reminding Israel of His promises and who He is to them. It’s really a powerful chapter if you just need to hear God describe Himself. Today He sent me to strengthen your faith and charge up your resilience. He says, “I have called you back from the ends of the earth, saying, ‘You are my servant.’ For I have chosen you and will not throw you away. Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will old you up with my victorious right hand.  “See, all your angry enemies lie there, confused and humiliated. Anyone who opposes you will die and come to nothing.  You will look in vain for those who tried to conquer you. Those who attack you will come to nothing.  For I hold you by your right hand—I, the Lord your God. And I say to you, ‘Don’t be afraid. I am here to help you.”  (Is. 41: 9-10 NLT) Do you see what God is saying to you? If God has called you to an assignment, to a purpose, to a breakthrough, then He is going to stay the course with you. He is going to be present the entire time. It doesn’t matter what the enemy desires to do to you, you will be victorious because God is victory.

I need you to remember who you are in Christ! I need you to know that no weapon formed against you shall prosper. That’s not just a cute phrase that people throw around in church! No, the Lord says through the prophet Isaiah, “But in that coming day   no weapon turned against you will succeed. You will silence every voice  raised up to accuse you. These benefits are enjoyed by the servants of the Lord;  their vindication will come from me.  I, the Lord, have spoken!” (Is. 54:17 NLT)That means when you hear those weapons forming, you silence them! Doubt speaking loud in your ear? Hush, doubt...you LOSE! Low self-esteem whispering into your spirit? Hush…I’m fearfully and wonderfully made! Your past ways trying to remind you of who you used to be? Hush, I’ve been redeemed! See? God is with you fighting the battle and upholding you with His right hand!

God doesn’t do halfway and He doesn’t do temporary. If He gives you something, He’s going to do it fully. It’s your responsibility to hold on to it. Don’t give your breakthrough up to the enemy because he asks for it. Don’t give your peace of mind up because circumstances look harder than you expected. Don’t relinquish your joy because man says you shouldn’t have it. No, you hold on to what God has given you and keep going! He’s right there with you!

Amen

No comments: