Thursday, March 1, 2012

The only opinion that matters...


Over the weekend, I was in prayer and I heard clearly in my spirit, “The only opinion you need to worry about is mine.” I stopped praying and sat up a little straighter. I mean, it hit me like a ton of bricks. It’s not that it was such a new idea but it was a revelation for that moment in my life. We, as a society, put so much into what others think about us. Someone can come tell us that we are ugly and all of a sudden we start looking at ourselves differently. Someone can say they don’t like our accent and we rush to “fix” it. I had an experience last year where someone told me that I was the rudest person that they had ever met in their whole life. That statement paralyzed me for a time. I couldn’t get past it. I analyzed it and thought about it and talked about it. I said to myself, now you’ve had your mean moments but the RUDEST person?! In his whole life?! Really?  I had to really pray about that one! I prayed diligently that He deliver me from people and He has brought me a LONG way! I’m still a work in progress and that’s why hearing the Lord say that to me was so powerful.  

I am entering a new year of life today and I am determined to shed the old skin and baggage of the first 32 years of my life. I am what God says that I am and that’s what matters.  That’s ALL that matters! So I wanted to encourage you all today! No man or woman has a heaven or a hell to put you in! You have one Master to look to for an opinion and that’s God! And guess what? He is awesome and loved you before you loved yourself! He loved you so much that He sent His only Son to die on the cross for your sins! Who wouldn’t want the opinion of someone like that? Even when you don’t do everything right, He loves you. Even when you’re being disciplined, the Bible says that He chastises those that He loves. Isn’t that comforting?

So today, I encourage you to exchange the labels that the world has given you and walk in God’s opinion of you! You are God’s child! (1 Peter 1:23) You are the righteousness of God through Christ! (2 Cor. 5:21) Do you feel the excitement bubbling up inside of you? If not, let’s keep going. Because you see, once you start to really acknowledge and confess what God says about you, the world and the devil can no longer keep you in bondage! When people say bad things to you, it will roll off your back because you remember that Christ always causes you to triumph! (2 Cor. 2:14) You are born of God and the devil can’t touch you! (1 John 5:18) You are more than a conqueror! (Romans 8:37) You are complete in Christ (Colossians 2:10) and you have everlasting life! (John 6:47)

Lift up your head a little higher! Sit up a little straighter! You are victorious (Rev 21:7) and you are blessed! (Deut. 28: 1-4) God has a mighty plan for your life…”plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” (Jeremiah 29:11) May God strengthen and encourage you today with His opinion of you! It’s the only one that matters!

AMEN

No comments: