Friday, March 2, 2018

Challenge!



Yesterday was my birthday, and it was great! I felt truly loved and celebrated by those I am close to and those that I do not see often. As I reflected on the day, I was reminded of how important it is to live in purpose. I may not have the most money or be everyone’s favorite person, but I am in the right place. I am walking out the assignment and calling that the Lord gave me. I am living my truth, and it is a beautiful thing.  What about you?

You see, it took a long time for me to operate from a place that wasn’t controlled by other people’s choices and opinions. I can honestly say now that the decisions that I have made have been from obedience and submission, even if that meant making other people uncomfortable. I have found that it is just easier that way. I don’t know if I am reflecting on all of this because of my birthday or not but I do know that my truth is important, and so is yours. One of my godbrothers is incarcerated right now, and he has been going through a transformation through his new relationship with Christ. For my birthday, he sent me a scripture, and it speaks to this moment. Indeed, I have been crucified with Christ. My ego is no longer central. It is no longer important that I appear righteous before you or have your good opinion, and I am no longer driven to impress God. Christ lives in me. The life you see me living is not “mine,” but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I am not going to go back on that.(Gal. 2:20 MSG)

I am excited about what God has in store for me. He promised that the “plans are for good and not disaster, to give [me} a future and a hope.” (Jer 29:11 NLT) My responsibility is to stay in His will and obey what He says. If you are living your life based on making someone feel better, stop. If you are dimming your light so that someone else can shine, stop. If you are moving backward because you are scared to go forward, STOP. The Lord is too big and great and mighty for you to stay small, and contained, and weak. This is your time to shine, and that takes obedience and purpose. Therefore, I challenge you today, to take my birthday challenge and make a bold step in your assignment. For some, it might mean a shift or change; for some, it may be a long-awaited YES, but for all of us, it is moving forward in the Lord. Sooooo…let’s go!

Amen

No comments: