Thursday, February 9, 2017

There's still joy!


Happy Thursday, family! I just wanted to quickly encourage those of you that have been battling in 2017. I want to speak to those of you that have faced challenges from 12:01 a.m. on January 1st until today. You know, those of you that have faced struggle from your flesh and conflict in your relationships. God told me to tell you that there is still joy. I don’t know what you are trying to get to the other side of – grief, financial struggle, divorce, marital strife, suffering in your body. I don’t have the answers or the specifics but I can assure you that your struggle is not your ending. There is joy in your press and in your progress.

I found myself in Romans 5 this morning as God encouraged me to encourage you. I love the book of Romans because the Apostle Paul spoke so much life and strength into the people of God in this letter.  I hope these words minister to you as you continue to walk forward in spite of what you see in your path.

We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance.  And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation.  And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love. (Romans 5: 3- 5, NLT)

What you are facing does not define you. It’s how you respond to it. It doesn’t matter what the enemy tries to bring against you, God isn’t surprised or affected. If you stand in front of that challenge with joy and rejoicing, God can take it and transform it into endurance and ultimately hope. Even better than that, we are assured that the hope will live up to its purpose because of God’s love and the Holy Spirit.

I need you to prepare yourself for the other side.  I need you to walk into every situation knowing that the joy of the Lord is your strength and your victory is assured. Why? Because through Christ, you always win! So I’m looking at you, woman of God! I’m challenging you, man of God! Tell grief, there’s still joy! Tell your bank account, there’s still joy! Tell that diagnosis, there’s still joy! Why? Because you serve a God that makes all things work together for your good. So “don’t run from tests and hardships, brothers and sisters. As difficult as they are, you will ultimately find joy in them; if you embrace them, your faith will blossom under pressure and teach you true patience as you endure. And true patience brought on by endurance will equip you to complete the long journey and cross the finish line—mature, complete, and wanting nothing. (James 1: 2-4, NLT)

Amen…

No comments: