Thursday, November 3, 2016

Glory is coming!

Has God ever shown you something and said it would be yours? Have you waited patiently for it, believing that it would be coming soon? Perhaps it has been longer than expected now and you are starting to feel a little pressure. Or maybe it's been a lot longer than expected and you feel A LOT of pressure! People who you thought were supposed to help bring your vision or promise to pass have come and gone and yet you keep waiting. The age that you thought that you would be is now in the past and frustration sometimes creeps in your spirit. What do you do to keep going? What do you to do when your destiny and your reality aren't coming together? It's a hard place to be but this morning God told me to tell you that if it was predestined, it has to be glorified!

I don't know about you but when God shows me something, I want it right away. The idea and reality of waiting tears my nerves up. I am a planner so I want to see the end results line up with what I expected them to be when I put my plan together. God showed me today that He is the ultimate planner.  He said that you can rest assured that in His plan, whether you see it working or not, the results will always line up the way He expected them to when He put the plan together. Let's pause for a praise break and the knowledge that His plan is working! Okay, God then sent me to the definition of predestination. According to Merriam Webster, it is the belief that everything that will happen has already been decided by God and cannot be changed. Can I remind you that the Lord said in Isaiah 55:11, “So shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it.” (ESV). When God set that plan up and spoke it into existence, there was a glorification date stamped on it. Nothing in that definition said that the path would be straight or there wouldn't be delay or challenges. However, it does say that it will happen. Glory is coming!

Ok so you have been reminded that what God showed you has to happen but here's the exciting thing. It will be better than what you saw! Yes! You see, God told me that some of you wouldn't be excited about this word because you have been waiting for so long and you have “heard it all before”. But He told me to go to the definition of glorified to help you feel it. The KJV Dictionary  says it is to make glorious; to exalt to glory or to celestial happiness”. Romans 8:30 says “Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified.” (NKJV‬‬) The verse describes a process of getting from the setting of the plan to the fulfillment. It tells me that what God started He has to finish. It tells me that even though there are a lot of things in between the beginning and the end of the wait, you will get to the place you need to be and it will better than you imagined. Imagine arriving at your destiny and you are overwhelmed with happiness and all you want to do is give God glory. You see when it is glorified, the splendor of it all is more than what your mind could conceive. It's better!  You have to understand that He could only show you what you could handle but His results will blow your mind every time. Glory is coming!

Let me sum it up with this word from the Lord, “This vision-message is a witness pointing to what’s coming. It aches for the coming—it can hardly wait! And it doesn’t lie. If it seems slow in coming, wait. It’s on its way. It will come right on time.” (Hab‬ ‭2:3‬ ‭MSG‬‬) If God gave you a vision, a word, a promise, it has to happen. Even if the time has been long, God’s plan is working. Even if the setting has changed, God’s plan is working. Even if it doesn't look like what you thought, God’s plan is working. Believe me when I tell you that I understand the struggle of the wait but if He predestined it, He will glorify it. Glory is coming!

Amen

No comments: