Thursday, August 25, 2016

Remember who I am...


This morning as I was praying about what to share with you, I simply heard God say, “Remind them…” Okay, God, what do you want me to remind them of? And He said, “Remind them who I am…” So today is about encouraging you to remember who God is and what He has said concerning you.

You see, a reminder is a message or communication designed to ensure that someone remembers something. Sometimes when your circumstances get really hard, you need someone to remind you that you will make it. When your symptoms are flaring up and you find it hard to remember your faith, you need someone to remind you that you are healed. When your bank account is empty and you have no check on the way, you need someone to remind you that you are provided for. Well, today, God wants you to remember who He is. He wants you to remember that He’s the God that met the Israelites at the Red Sea. He wants you to remember that He’s the God whose eyes go to and fro in the earth looking for those that He can show Himself strong for. He wants you to remember that He’s the God that saw you before you were in your mother’s womb and knew that you would be great. Today, He wants to remind you of who He is.

It’s interesting that God is asking me to remind you about who He is because a majority of Rhema readers are already strong Christians. You know how to pray and how to seek His face. But God said to me that you are the ones that need it most. You are the one that pours out the encouragement to everyone else. You are the one that fasts and intercedes on the behalf of others. You are the one that people ask for advice and wisdom. But you are also the one that struggles to believe for yourself. You are the one that the enemy constantly attacks in your mind and in your body. You are the one that has had to endure hurt and betrayal because of your calling. So today, God is reminding YOU that He is with you.  He is reminding YOU that He is for you. He is reminding YOU that He has your concerns before Him and your name written in His palm.

“Have you not known? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; His understanding is unsearchable.” (Is. 40:28, ESV) Sometimes when issues and situations go on for a long time, you can get concerned that God has forgotten your plight. But the word says that He doesn’t grow weary or faint. He is the great God that stays with you until the end. “It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; He will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.” (Deut. 31:8). God is reminding you that you don’t have to be afraid or concerned. He is with you and for you!

Don’t you love that God wants you to keep His promises at the forefront of your mind? Don’t you love that you serve a God that wants you to remember who He is so the enemy can’t stop you. Don’t you love that you serve Elohim, the almighty God? So as I’m closing, the Lord gave me this last passage to give you. I pray that it reminds and encourages you of where you stand in Him. I don’t care what you are facing. Grief, unemployment, stress, betrayal, loneliness, divorce, financial struggle…God is a present help in your situation and He wants you to always remember who He is. He’s big enough for every challenge or test.  “Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand. “See, all your angry enemies lie there, confused and humiliated. Anyone who opposes you will die and come to nothing.  You will look in vain for those who tried to conquer you. Those who attack you will come to nothing.  For I hold you by your right hand—I, the Lord your God. And I say to you, ‘Don’t be afraid. I am here to help you.” (Is. 41:10-14, NLT)

Remember who He is…AMEN

No comments: