Thursday, October 2, 2014

I AM


If you’ve read Rhema for any length of time, you know that God ministers to me through song a lot. This morning as I was walking and praying, one line just kept playing over and over in my head. It’s from Jason Nelson’s song “I Am” and it truly spoke loud and clear this morning. “Just let Me fix it! That’s Who I am. Just let Me be who I am for you.” I almost laid out on the track, y’all! I mean really! This is where a lot of you are. You have tried so hard to fix situations that you just cannot fix in your own power. You have tried to resurrect a marriage that only God can restore. You have tried to dig your way out of a financial mess that only God can turnaround. You have tried to overcome an addiction or a grief that only God can heal. But today…TODAY…God is sending a clear message to you. “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.” (Rev. 1:8) Do you understand what that means? He can do it! Whatever your “it” is, He can fix it. But here’s the kicker. He may not do it the way you want it to be done. It may not be like the fairy tale that you have concocted in your mind. But I can promise you this. It will be a complete work.

Sometimes it is rough when the Lord tells me certain things. I struggle because I am waiting on the same word that you are. I need Him to remind me of some things just like you do. But this morning, He left me almost gasping for breath just by re-introducing Himself to me. Do you remember what He said to Moses in Exodus? He said “I am That I am”. (Ex. 3:14 KJV) So when He says, “Just let Me be who I am” that means He will be whatever you or I need Him to be.  I really want you to catch hold of this. If you are sick in your body, He is saying “I am the Lord who heals you.” (Ex. 15:26) If you are searching desperately for Him to show up, God says, “Be still and know that I am God, I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” (Ps. 46:10) If you are struggling in your faith, He says, “Remember the things I have done in the past. For I alone am God! I am God and there is none like Me.” (Is. 46: 9 NLT) If you feel alone, He says, “I will be your God throughout your lifetime- until your hair is white with age. I made you, and I will care for you. I will carry you along and save you.” (Is. 46: 4 NLT) That’s who God is. He is whatever you need Him to be because He is God. “He is the God who made the world and everything in it.” (Acts 17:24a NLT)

I have watched some folks that KNOW God struggle to find peace in their day to day lives. I have watched people that are young in their faith struggle to keep going on this journey. Many days, I have wanted to throw in the towel myself. But for every struggle, there is an answer and it is the Lord. Just let Him be who He is for you. Let Him be your healer. Let Him be your counselor. Let Him be your parent. Let Him meet every need, whether it be physical, spiritual, or financial. Let Him be Him! Stop trying to do His job! What He did for Elijah in the cave, He can do for you. What He did for Hannah in her turmoil, He can do for you. What He did for the woman with the issue of blood, He can do for you. There is nothing impossible for Him. Just let Him be who He is for you! I will close with this word from the Lord. I encourage you to take it in to your situation and heed His words to you. “But I’ll take the hand of those who don’t know the way, who can’t see where they’re going. I’ll be a personal guide to them, directing them through unknown country. I’ll be right there to show them what roads to take, make sure they don’t fall into the ditch. These are the things I’ll be doing for them – sticking with them, not leaving them for a minute.” (Is. 42:16 MSG) He’s right there, folks…let Him be who He is for you!

Amen

No comments: