Thursday, October 9, 2014

Don't Give In!


I asked the Lord this morning to give me a word to encourage His people. I asked Him to give me a word to encourage me. I asked Him to give a rescuing, relevant word that would help you to go one more step in spite of what your today looks like. I asked Him to be just who you AND I need Him to be. Do you know what He told me? Don’t give in! I had to pause because initially I thought I heard ‘don’t give up’ but no…He was very specific. DON’T GIVE IN! Wait…is there a difference? Yes! To give up means to surrender, to quit, to abandon, to die. I know what you’re thinking and you’re right! We don’t need to do that either but to give in means to cease opposition, to yield. Giving in tends to happen after a long effort or insistence.  I think that’s why the difference is so important today. You see, some of you have been waiting on change, on manifestation, on breakthrough for a long time. You’ve been fasting, praying, interceding but the results have been slow to come. Today, I want you to get this in your spirit. You are more than a conqueror through Christ. You are an overcomer and a survivor. No matter what the enemy has told you about your situation, your burdens, and your future, the Lord is saying don’t stop fighting. You will not yield to Satan’s plan because what the Lord has planned is so much better. “For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.” (Jer. 29:11 NKJV) Don’t give in!

The enemy would like nothing better than to divert you from your purpose. He would love for you to allow people to cause you to turn from your calling and give in to frustration, hurt and flesh. He would love if you let a mistake or a weakness color your entire future. You see, Satan’s whole existence is based on lies. His primary goal is "to kill, steal and destroy". (John 10:10a) That’s why when your marriage is in trouble, your blood pressure goes up. That’s why when your kids have gone astray or acting up, your stomach turns and ulcers form. That’s why when you are stressed at work, the migraines come. He wants to use whatever means he has to take you out. But God knew from the beginning what tricks he would try. He knew that you would get weak at times and fall prey to the attack and so He sent Jesus. Jesus who came that you "may have life and have it more abundantly." (John 10:10b) How much do you want that abundant life? Do you want it enough to keep fighting for it? Don’t give in!

The old saints used to sing a hymn that said “Yield not to temptation, for yielding is sin; Each vict’ry will help you some other to win; Fight manfully onward, dark passions subdue; look ever to Jesus, He’ll carry you through. Ask the Savior to help you, comfort, strengthen, and keep you; He is willing to aid you, He will carry you through.” You can’t give in! You have too much to gain and too much to do. I’m tired of seeing the enemy win because it seems easier to stop opposing what he’s put out there. It’s time to start fighting for the right! It’s time to start standing in your rightful place as a chosen, anointed, powerful child of God! Do you think Satan would be fighting you so hard if you didn’t have anything to offer? Let me help you with that. No, he wouldn’t! You have a word to share that will bring encouragement. You have a testimony that will bring someone to Christ. You have a prayer that will bring someone back to life. If you give in, who will do your assignment? Don’t give in, saints! There is work to do! Amen.

No comments: