Thursday, September 25, 2014

Don't Panic!

This morning was a bit of a mess in the Bryant household! We all woke up late, my oldest missed the bus and when I went to start my car to take her, it wouldn't start. My immediate thought was WHY? This is not a good time for all of this to be happening...I have way too much to do today and in general to have to deal with car issues. So, I focused on what I could do and that was walk my child to school. As I walked back home, I began to pray. Well, I take that back. I began to tell The Lord all the reasons that this was not a good time for this. It was a flesh moment, y'all! When I got home, I literally got on my knees and asked The Lord to speak. I didn't have anything for myself and especially not for you. But then I heard a quiet but firm voice say "Don't panic..." I heard it multiple times and I started to receive it. My flesh wanted to say "Okay, God...but..." However, my spirit man was reassured.

Then the Lord led me straight to the Word, "Don’t panic. I’m with you. There’s no need to fear for I’m your God. I’ll give you strength. I’ll help you. I’ll hold you steady, keep a firm grip on you." (‭Isaiah‬ ‭41‬:‭10‬ MSG) Don't you love that kind of moment? You know, when you feel it in your soul that God is speaking and He is right there offering you peace? This was my moment and I had to embrace it. But you know what? It's for you too!

I don't know what you are facing today, this week, this month, this year. But what I do know is that God is in control of your right now. He is with you and He will not leave. Sometimes, you are seeking an immediate conclusion to a problem or situation that requires a process and when it begins to take a long time, you panic. A marriage that took 5 years to get off track may not be restored in 2 weeks. A child that has been lost in the world for 2 years may need longer than a weekend church service to be delivered. God is definitely capable of doing things suddenly and immediately. However, do not panic when it takes longer. Because you know what? He promised that it would get done. Philippians 1:6 says "being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ;" (‭NKJV) That, folks, is reassurance!

So, here I sit, waiting in peace for a solution to my current situation. You see, nothing will be accomplished by worrying. It took me a long time to learn that. If this was 2 years ago, I would be in the corner bawling my eyes out and screaming why me! But if God told me not to panic, that means He has a plan and it will work way better than anything I can come up with. How about you? Are you willing to let God do the work while you wait? Remember that "ALL things work together for the good of them that love God and are called according to His purpose." (Rom. 8:28 NKJV)

May the God of peace rest with you today and remind you to not let panic overtake the plan...Amen

No comments: