Thursday, January 3, 2019

Who’s with me?!

Well! Happy New Year, friends! You made it to 2019 and what a blessing that is. So many did not cross into this year, young and old, but you are still here. Isn’t that enough to give God glory?! It is for me! You see, I decided that this would be the year of God for me. That is not to say that I have not focused on Him in previous years but this year, I need Him to be so much and I need Him in His rightful place.

You see, it’s so easy to get caught up in what you need from people – their encouragement, their strength, their friendship and forget that it is all secondary to what God provides. He is the ultimate comforter, confidant and friend. He is the protection from the cold treatment of the world and the shield that keeps the enemy’s arrows away. He is quite simply…everything.

The Lord spoke Romans 8:31 in the New King James Version to me this morning as a reminder of who He is. (I think He uses that translation when He wants me to know that He is serious.)

What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?”(Romans‬ ‭8:31‬ ‭NKJV‬‬)

And there it is…the conclusion of the matter! You see, this verse follows 3 or 4 verses about calling and God’s purpose. It reminded me that what He is doing, He is doing well and with intention. He has me covered and the same goes for you. There is nothing and no one that can overcome you if He is on your side. So can I just encourage you to take 2019 by storm? Don’t let anything or anyone stop you from doing that thing or things that He has put on the inside of you to do. He is fighting for you and He has never lost a battle!

Come forth, evangelist! There are souls waiting on you and fear won’t hold you back. Come forth, missionary! There are countries in need of Christ and resources won’t limit your reach. Come forth, writer! There are readers searching for your words and the opinions of people won’t stop you! Come forth, apostle! There are new territories to be tackled and small-town thinking won’t make you question your strategy. This is the year that you let God be everything in your life. I promise that He is the best teammate and He is for you!

Amen



1 comment:

Terrian said...

Awesome word Elder Ebony!!! Indeed a much needed Rhema word. It’s time to come forth πŸ’ƒπŸΎπŸ’ƒπŸΎπŸ’ƒπŸΎπŸ™ŒπŸΎπŸ™ŒπŸΎπŸ™ŒπŸΎπŸ™ŒπŸΎ