Thursday, August 23, 2018

Look! A way out....


Hello Rhema family! I just want to share an encouraging word that the Lord showed me this morning. As I was in prayer, He showed me a vision of two mountains with a space between them. At first, I thought it was a valley but He told me that it was a mountain pass. Listen, there are many things that I am but an outdoors person is not one of them. I have no interest in camping, hiking, or sightseeing through the jungle. I celebrate and appreciate the beauty of nature and all that God has created safely from a balcony or porch. So when I saw this vision in prayer, I wasn’t really sure what to do with it. I technically knew what a mountain pass was but decided to look it up anyway. Worldlandforms.com said that a mountain pass is the highest portion of a path through a mountain range. It can be as small as 20 feet or much larger depending on the size of the mountain. Because it is often very difficult to travel through mountains, passes have been important throughout history in trade, war and migration. What is your point, Ebony? No matter how formidable the mountain looks, no matter how inaccessible the answer seems, no matter how far the destination is, the Lord has provided a pass through for you!

Let me just remind you this morning that the Lord is with you! He is aware of what is happening in your life. He knows about the tests and the trials. He sees the cancellations and the denials. He even allowed the no and the wait. Here is the thing that He wants you to understand. He is very much in control and every mountain range that you face was created with a pass through. There is a way of escape that you have access to, if you will only trust that it is there and use it.

You see, the funny thing about a mountain pass is that while it is the highest portion of a path through a mountain range, it’s also the lowest route that can be traveled between mountains on each side. What does that mean to you? Well, it’s all about accessibility! The Lord is making sure you can find your way out safely without forsaking who He is. You see, the way out is always going to be found in Him. But He doesn’t have to change who He is to make you comfortable with the process.  You have to go up in order to get through! So many times, you want the easy way. You know what I mean, “If they would just go away, I would be good.” “If he would just do what I say, things would be so much better.” “If they would just give me more money, I would be great.” Well, that’s all fine and dandy, but does that get you all the way through the struggle? No! But when you stop trying to orchestrate your own breakthrough  and pay attention to what God is doing, you will see a path open up for you. You will see people moved that once blocked you. You will even see provision and blessing. There is a pass through for you!

The Lord then told me to share this message with you directly from His heart to yours! “When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you.  For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. I gave Egypt as a ransom for your freedom; I gave Ethiopia and Seba in your place.  Others were given in exchange for you. I traded their lives for yours because you are precious to me. You are honored, and I love you.” (Is. 43:2-4 NLT)

There is a pass through to your destiny, your victory, and your freedom. Don’t miss it because your eyes are looking for the fast and easy way. Look up to the Rock that is higher than you! Look up to the highest part of that hard place and you will find that God has provided a way out for you. 

Amen

No comments: