Thursday, August 16, 2018

Can you see?


When I was in prayer this morning for Rhema, the Lord kept repeatedly speaking the word clarity to me. No matter how I tried to shift, it always came back to that word. So y’all know what I did, right? I looked it up. Clarity is clearness or lucidity as to perception or understanding; freedom from indistinctness or ambiguity, the state or quality of being clear or transparent to the eye; easy to understand. You see, it is important that when you hear God tell you a word that you know what it means. I knew what clarity meant, but the Lord was so adamant about it that I wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing anything. Which hilariously, is what clarity is all about. But anyway, the Lord said to me, it’s time for my people to operate in clarity.

He then drew my attention to my glasses. Let me tell you; they are NECESSARY for my life. If I don’t have them on, it’s a hot mess! I can see objects and the shapes of people, but I can’t see the details. I can’t positively identify who a person is unless they are right in front of me. So I am usually wearing my glasses or contacts. Well, often in the mornings, I will put my glasses on, and I can tell right away that they are dirty. There are smudges and dirt clouding what I need to see. Things that have gotten on them from the course of the previous day and overnight. I can still see, but I’m distracted by what I have to look through. What do I do in that situation? I clean them. What’s your point, Ebony?

Some of you are walking around with dirty glasses on. You have been given an assignment, and you can’t fully operate in it because your vision is cloudy and you are being distracted by what has gotten on you during your journey. You are operating without a full understanding of what you are supposed to be doing. You have been unable distinguish the ones who are for you and the ones who are against you. You have been unable to see the details that God has put before you. It’s time to clean your glasses. It’s time to stop letting pride keep you from getting the training that you need. It’s time stop letting tradition and the opinion of man stop you from walking boldly in your calling. Most of all, it is time to stop giving in to fear. It’s time to take out your spiritual cloth and wipe those glasses off. It’s time to make the necessary steps to ensure that you see what you are supposed to see. If you want to stand up to the strongmen of this world, you have to have a clear understanding of your assignment.

Ephesians 1: 17-19 says, “I ask—ask the God of our Master, Jesus Christ, the God of glory—to make you intelligent and discerning in knowing Him personally, your eyes focused and clear, so that you can see exactly what it is He is calling you to do, grasp the immensity of this glorious way of life He has for His followers, oh, the utter extravagance of His work in us who trust Him—endless energy, boundless strength!” (MSG) Paul was telling the Church at Ephesus that he constantly prayed for them to have clarity so that they could do what they were called to do and understand what God was doing in them. Come on, people of God, stop playing with your calling and walk it out! Think back to the definition of clarity for a minute. It is a freedom from ambiguity and indistinctness. That means you are free from uncertainty or more than one interpretation. You are free from lack of definition and sharpness. God is calling for His people to be focused and clear!  He is calling you out of the gray area today.

It is no longer alright to be irresponsible with your assignment. It is no longer alright to be a renegade Christian with no clear covering or accountability. It is no longer alright to be hurting people with a gift that should be helping them. It’s time for clarity. It’s time to make your decisions with clarity. It’s time to evaluate your vision with clarity. It’s time to listen with clarity. It’s time to operate in clarity. You see, God did not give us a spirit of fear, but He did give us power, love, and a SOUND mind. A sound mind is a clear mind. Clean your glasses, saints. It’s time to see what you are supposed to see.
Amen

No comments: