Thursday, December 28, 2017

Last Call!


I was a club girl and I was faithful to it! You could find me at the jook joint as easily as you could the sophisticated nightclub. I loved to dance and I loved to drink. I know some of the saints have immediately checked out of this post. LOL! But it’s okay. It’s time for us to tell the truth in the church. Anyway, at the end of the night, the bartender would call out “Last call!” It was an immediate signal that I needed to get to the bar for one last drink before they stopped serving. Well, today as I was praying for Rhema, I heard the Lord say “Last call!” and it immediately got my attention as it used to back in the day. As 2017 comes to an end, instead of rushing to the bar for another drink, it is time to head straight to your secret closet and place your order.

Unfortunately, too many of you will go into 2018 the same way that you have been in 2017. You will still have the same dramas, anger, and frustration. You will say one thing about change but continue to live out what you have always been.  But today, the Lord is giving you a heads up! He doesn’t want you to get caught by the end of the year without giving you an opportunity to come see Him one more time. He doesn’t want you to end your year regretting that you didn’t get to Him on time. Therefore, I just want to challenge you to take advantage of the last call! Rush up to Jesus, leaving those things that mean you no good.  He’s giving you an opportunity before 2018 comes to place your final order of 2017! So here goes…

Last call for the relationships that are not beneficial to your next! “Don’t link up with those who will pollute you. I want you all for myself. (2 Cor. 6:17 MSG)

Last call for foolishness in the church! I appeal to you, dear brothers and sisters,by the authority of our Lord Jesus Christ, to live in harmony with each other. Let there be no divisions in the church. Rather, be of one mind, united in thought and purpose.” (1 Cor. 1:10 NKJV)

Last call for manipulation and control! And Jesus answered them, “See that no one leads you astray.” (Matt. 24:4 ESV)

Last call for bondage! “Christ has set us free to live a free life. So take your stand! Never again let anyone put a harness of slavery on you.” (Gal. 5:1 MSG)

Last call for doubt! Ask boldly, believingly, without a second thought. People who “worry their prayers” are like wind-whipped waves. Don’t think you’re going to get anything from the Master that way, adrift at sea, keeping all your options open. (James 1: 6-8 MSG)

Last call for fear! “For God has not given us a spirit us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.” (2 Tim. 1:7)

Last call for shame! “Instead of your shame there shall be a double portion; instead of dishonor they shall rejoice in their lot; therefore in their land they shall possess a double portion; they shall have everlasting joy.” (Is. 61:7)

Listen, I could go on and on but the truth is, this may not be your list! This is your opportunity to tell the Lord what you are unwilling to take with you into 2018. I don’t know about you but I believe 2018 is going to be my best year yet. I am expecting God to do amazing things in and through me. And guess what, I am completely unconcerned with what people think about that. I spent much of 2017 worried about how to make other people comfortable with what God told me to do. Well, that is over! The Lord told me to keep my eyes on Him and He would work the other things for my good. If you know like I do, you will move quickly. I’m a witness that His favor is better than man’s opinion.

Happy New Year!

No comments: