Thursday, June 8, 2017

Take the Limits off!


God has been dealing with me about levels. Levels, levels, levels. Next level, higher level, level up. You name it, I’ve been thinking about it. You see, for too long, the body of Christ has been content to let the world advance while the church watches and reacts later. God is challenging us to go after our purpose and our destiny with roller skates on. I believe He is tired of giving His people fresh revelation and ideas, only to see them lay dormant because of limited thinking and fear. Well today, He showed me a vision of all of these faces and then a series of bubbles floating up to the sky. They just kept going higher and higher without popping. Then I heard the Lord say, “With Me, there are no limits.” I felt a leap in my spirit. You see, I’m ready to see some people break out of tradition, fear, and limitation. I’m ready to celebrate some book releases and some ministry launches. And God is saying today that its time to get moving because the sky isn’t even the limit.

As I was praying about this, I was led to 1 Kings 8. This chapter is special because it’s when the temple that God had told David about was completed, dedicated and filled with His glory. As I was reading the chapter, God showed me that sometimes He gives a vision to a generation or a person that is supposed to just lay the groundwork through prayer and faith but won’t be the ones to complete it. Sometimes the vision is so big that it requires the faith and participation of more than one person. How many of you are sitting on a vision that God had your grandparents praying for? Or worse, how many of you are sitting on a vision that your children are supposed to complete. I digress. So at King Solomon’s instructions, the Levitical priests bring the Ark of the Covenant to the temple and when they leave the Holy of Holies, a cloud of glory fills the temple that was so powerful, the priest couldn’t even stand up to serve. You see when you trust God to complete the assignment that He gave you, He will keep His promises and bless it. The key is that you have to believe that it can and will be accomplished. King Solomon told the people the words that had been spoken to His father before he was even born.  He told them that though David desired to build the temple and was given the vision, Solomon would complete it. King Solomon had to have next level vision to complete what He didn’t start. No limits…

So the Lord highlighted verse 27 for me and told me to share it with you. Solomon asks the Lord, “But will God indeed dwell on the earth? Behold, heaven and the heaven of heavens cannot contain You. How much less this temple which I have built!” (1 Kings 8:27 NKJV) Solomon was so in awe that God would come and dwell in this temple that He had built. I mean, who was he but a mere man compared to this big God. But God told me to tell you, as Solomon highlighted, that your vision is not the big thing, its Him. Maybe that’s not clear. Your vision is not the star of the show…it’s God. He is the one that has no limits. He is the one that cannot be contained but if you trust Him and walk this thing out, He will dwell there. He will come to your ministry. He will come to your business. He will come to your nonprofit. He will come to your daycare.  He will take the vision and make it great because He will dwell there! What He places inside of you, He has to birth. Isaiah 66:9 says, “Shall I bring to the time of birth, and not cause delivery?”, says the Lord. Shall I who cause delivery shut up the womb?” says your God.” (NKJV) If He gave it to you, He is going to bring it to pass. You just have to be willing to go with Him. No limits…

I challenge you today to step out and step up. God is calling on you to go to the next level…in prayer, in your study, in your relationships, and in your faith. Release Him from the box that you have placed Him in and allow Him to be the limitless God that He is. The main reason a lot of people haven’t seen their lives go where they want them to is because they have only allowed God a small piece of their time, faith, and expectation. Take your hands off and watch God take your bubble far beyond the skyline.

Amen.

No comments: