Thursday, June 29, 2017

He knows your name...


Happy Thursday, everyone! What a great day it is to be alive! What a great day to celebrate who God is and how much He loves you. He just gave me one line to share with you today and I hope that you will take it and run with it. He told me to remind you that He knows your name! Wow! I was recently involved in a prayer call series through the Faithwalkers movement that focused on the Names of God. It was powerful and life changing to be reminded, and in some cases, learn about the various names and characteristics of God. There’s nothing quite like calling on Jehovah Rapha when you are sick and in need of healing. Or if you are in a lonely place and you can reach out for Jehovah Shammah and know that He is with you. So when God switched it and reminded me that He knows MY name, it completely blessed me.

I was then led to the words that the Lord spoke in Isaiah 43 to the children of Israel as they lived in captivity. Though He had just chastised them in the previous chapter for being disobedient and not listening or paying attention, He speaks in this chapter of His very personal love for them and the lengths that He had gone for them. I thought it was interesting that the Lord would shine a light on this passage but I realized that He wanted you to know that the fact that He loves you and knows your name is not contingent upon your actions. When you are disobedient, you don’t lose God’s love but you create distance and you open yourself up to rebuke and correction. But even in the midst of that, He shows so much grace and mercy and He is still present in your life and your situation. I pray that you will receive these words as confirmation that though you may not be where you want to be in your life, God is still working on your behalf. I pray that you will understand that if you belong to Him, He will cover and protect you. I pray that you really feel what true love feels like. It isn’t a “sometimey” and conditional love but rather it is a love that meets you where you are. It’s a love that knows your name.

But now, thus says the Lord, who created you, O Jacob,
And He who formed you, O Israel:
“Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have called you by your name;
You are Mine.
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you.
When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned,
Nor shall the flame scorch you.
 For I am the Lord your God,
The Holy One of Israel, your Savior;
I gave Egypt for your ransom,
Ethiopia and Seba in your place.
 Since you were precious in My sight,
You have been honored,
And I have loved you;
Therefore I will give men for you,
And people for your life.
(Isaiah 43:1-4 NKJV)

Woman of God! Man of God! The Lord knows your name. You are His…rejoice in that today!

Amen…

No comments: