Thursday, April 13, 2017

I'll just say YES!


Over the last several months, the Lord has been giving me a series of challenges. They have been hard and have hit every major area of my life – family, finances, job, and church. I couldn’t understand why I kept having to deal with these scary places. I knew in my heart that they were meant to grow me and my trust level, but I still struggled with the why. Today, I got my answer and the instruction to share it with you.  Ready? He is increasing the speed of your yes! He wants you to get to the point where you see a challenge or an instruction and you just say “yes, Lord.” No more struggle with your ability, or your capability, or your authority. It’s time to step into acceptance. You are blessed. You are strong. You are anointed. You are HIS!

It’s a funny thing about the word yes. I’ve always had a hard time with it because it meant agreeing to something that had consequences. For someone who likes to be in control and analyze all of the potential outcomes, yes does not come easy to me.  It almost implies a level of weakness in certain areas because it could mean that you are agreeing to something that you may not want to do. I’ve realized that the reason God has challenged me so much in this area is because He wants me to understand that He isn’t going to lead me to a place that He has not already planned for. Ministry was scary but He already had Rhema for me. Marriage was scary but He already had Kevin for me. Moving back to North Carolina was scary but He already had a promotion for me. None of those examples were easy and they involved a whole lot of trust but my yes to them opened up life for me. Do you understand that when you say yes, God is free to move?

You would think that Matthew 5:37 would be the scripture that immediately came to me. But let your ‘Yes’ be ‘Yes,’ and your ‘No,’ ‘No.’ For whatever is more than these is from the evil one.(NKJV) It would make sense, right? Say yes and stick with it! But no, the Lord said to me, “Your yes has to be wrapped in My Son’s yes.” Whew!! Blessed my whole life! He sent me to 2 Corinthians 1. Paul is talking to the church of Corinth about why his plans changed in the middle of his trip. Apparently, there is some concern about what his yes meant. Paul answers firmly about what yes means in God. “Whatever God has promised gets stamped with the Yes of Jesus. In Him, this is what we preach and pray, the great Amen, God’s Yes and our Yes together, gloriously evident. God affirms us, making us a sure thing in Christ, putting His Yes within us. By His Spirit He has stamped us with His eternal pledge—a sure beginning of what he is destined to complete.(2 Cor. 1:20-22 MSG)

You have to decide today that your yes together with who Christ is, will carry you to destiny. You cannot be swayed by people or by the enemy. You must simply exercise your yes, knowing that the Lord, by giving us the Holy Spirit, has guaranteed the activation of His promises. No more delayed obedience. No more fearful maybes. No more doubtful declarations. God is calling you to a quick yes! He is calling you to hear the instruction and respond with a yes. In the last couple of weeks, I have seen God move miraculously in my yes.  I made a decision to not panic when challenges came my way but rather, respond with “Ok, God. I will do just what you have told me to do.” Even in my discomfort and if I’m honest, my fear, I said yes and I said it quickly and God moved.  If God is showing you something, speaking to you about something, or moving you to something, throw fear away right now and say YES! And do it fast! Victory will follow…

Amen

1 comment:

Authentically Dee said...

Yesssss! What an on time word