Thursday, June 9, 2016

You've got work to do!


Can I just be honest with you today? I didn’t have anything to give you. I prayed and listened, looked at the Word and prayed, stared into space and prayed. But nothing…I just didn’t have anything. I asked God, if perhaps I should just skip this week. No one will miss one week of Rhema, right? But God reminded me that someone would. It’s not about how many readers I have each week but rather that it blesses who it is supposed to. So here I am in my stuff. Here I am in my tiredness and my frustration. Here I am in my press and my waiting. Here I am to tell you that I still have work to do and so do you.

You see, the enemy’s very mission is to stop you from achieving your purpose. He will do any and everything that he can to distract, detour, and distance you. That’s his job. That’s what he sets out to do when he roams the earth like a lion seeking whom he can devour. He wants you to give up. Sometimes, he scores points. He makes you stay in your house and mope. He attends your pity party and keeps the music playing. He even confuses your plans and cheers your failures. But you know what he can’t do? He can’t win, if you don’t let him. You see, he is a defeated foe. You know how I know? Revelation 19: 19-21 tells me so. I saw the Beast and, assembled with him, earth’s kings and their armies, ready to make war against the One on the horse and his army. The Beast was taken, and with him, his puppet, the False Prophet, who used signs to dazzle and deceive those who had taken the mark of the Beast and worshiped his image. They were thrown alive, those two, into Lake Fire and Brimstone. The rest were killed by the sword of the One on the horse, the sword that comes from his mouth. All the birds held a feast on their flesh. (MSG) Is that clear enough for you? He will not win in the end.

I say all this to say, don’t stop. Don’t give up or throw in the towel.  No matter what your current situation looks like, keep working. No matter what your husband is or isn’t doing, keep praying. No matter how your bank account looks, keep giving.  No matter what is happening at your church, keep praising. You have a mighty work to do. There are some things that God wants YOU to do. Don’t forfeit the assignment because the enemy tried to trick you. Don’t cast off your purpose because it looks too hard or people aren’t doing what you want them to do. Nope! You keep going. God took me to the story of King Asa in 2 Chronicles 14 and 15. Asa was a good man and did what was pleasing to the Lord but he faced some huge challenges and the Lord kept Him through it. I encourage you to read his story but what the Lord highlighted to me was a prophecy that Asa received from the prophet Azariah as he returned from a huge battle. It reminded me to stick with the Lord and press through towards whatever God has for me to do. I encourage you to do the same!

The Spirit of the True God gave a prophecy to Azariah, the son of Oded, who relayed it to Asa and his people. Azariah:  Asa and all of the tribes of Judah and Benjamin, listen to me! God responds to you as you respond to Him: If you are with the Eternal, then He is with you. If you look for Him, then He will let you find Him. But if you abandon Him, then He will abandon you. So learn from the mistakes of your ancestors. For a long time, the tribes of Israel were without the True God, His priests, and His laws.  But when they were distressed by wars and oppression, they returned to the Eternal One, the True God of Israel. They sought Him, and He let them find Him. In those times before the monarchy, no one traveling had a peaceful life. Everyone in the lands had numerous difficulties; nations and cities fought back and forth, destroying each other again and again. Because of their disobedience, the True God troubled them constantly.  But you, who are devoted to being with God and searching for God, be strong and do not lose courage because your actions will reap rewards. (2 Chron. 15: 1-7, VOICE)

The chapter goes on to say that Asa responded with courage and strength and did what the Lord said through the man of God. In return, the Lord gave them peace. So much so, that there was no more war until the 35th year of Asa’s reign. Do you see what I'm saying? No matter what is happening in your life, keep doing what God has called you to do! Not only will your work be rewarded but He will give you a peace that goes beyond your understanding. Now get moving...you've got work to do!

Amen

No comments: