Thursday, April 14, 2016

Road tested!


Because I’ve been doing scholarship interviews since the beginning of the year, it’s been a challenge to get Rhema out early like I’m used to doing. I’ve found that I’ve had to really carve out time to write and hear what God was saying. Sometimes, it’s been very frustrating and I’ve wanted to give up or take a break but every week, God gives me something to share with you. Today, the same thing happened. I had an open spot on my calendar and someone filled it before I could block it out and I was not pleased! So I just kept sitting in my office, kind of staring off into space, hoping that God would drop a miraculous word on me and He did. He said, “Stop trying to do my job…” I kind of chuckled because my mind immediately went to Job 38, a scripture that my sisterfriend shared with me last night. I had jokingly told her that I wanted her to do a guest post on Rhema because that scripture had blessed me so much. It is God setting Job straight about who He is. By the time you get to the end, you will be repenting for ever thinking you can do anything without God. Read it!

But here’s the issue! There’s a lot going on in my life and I’m sure in your life as well and it’s very tempting to jump in the driver’s seat. You find yourself strategizing and planning how you’re going to work different situations out and when it doesn’t work, the frustration mounts. Any witnesses out there? You see, the enemy has not taken a vacation and he is hell bent on throwing you off of your game. He wants you mad, frustrated, bitter and busy. He wants you acting out of character or exhaustion. Truth be told, he just wants to distract you from what God has told you to do. This morning, I was prepared to talk to the Lord about what I needed him to do. I wanted Him to know what I was doing and how I needed Him to assist me. Can I tell you that Job 38 stopped me in my tracks? It woke me up so I thought that was what God wanted me to show you but instead He told me to share Psalm 18:30 with you.

What a God! His road
    stretches straight and smooth.
Every God-direction is road-tested.
    Everyone who runs toward Him
makes it.
(MSG)

God said to me, “I’ve already perfected the steps. I’ve already prepared the way. What you’re trying to do is not tried and true but my way is. Get out of the way.” Notice I didn’t use any exclamation points because He didn’t yell it at me but rather it was a statement of facts. He basically told me to stop trying to do what He has already done and done right. Drop the mic! Sometimes life can get so overwhelming that your natural instinct to “do something” kicks in and you mess up. Whether your “do something” is problem solve or enable or hide, stop getting in God’s way. Stop trying to solve what has already been solved! As the enemy attacks, and life keeps coming, keep your eyes on God and let Him do the fixing and the fighting. Your job is to believe. Your job is to stand still and know that He is God. Your job is to trust. Your job is to get of the way. And please, make note of the last phrase. If you trust Him, you will make it! The NKJV says that “He is a shield to all who trust Him.” That’s awesome news! Is there anyone else that can be a better protector than God? Nope! So…move over, God is driving and He knows exactly where He’s going!

Amen...

 

No comments: