Thursday, April 7, 2016

God's got it!


Can I just remind you today that God is God? Can I just remind you that He is faithful and present? Can I just remind you that no matter what your circumstance might be, He remains El Shaddai, the All-Sufficient One? He’s a great God and He is in the fight with you! Sometimes when things happen in your life that are challenging and difficult, you can get caught up in the whats, whys and hows, when God really wants you to focus on the WHO! He is the Who and as long as He is in the battle, you are on the winning side.

I don’t have a long word for you today! I just want to leave you with the words of Paul in the Message Translation to trust God right where you are because He is with you! You see Paul was blessed to have a powerful relationship with God and was given great revelations of who He was. And because of that, He was given a thorn in his flesh to keep him humble. Sometimes, you can’t see that those things that seem to be a constant bother in your life have been placed there to keep you close to God. It’s hard to imagine when you look at your life that some of those challenges were for anything other than to mess you up. But God’s word to Paul is the answer to those concerns. He simply wants you to trust Him and His plan because when you are at your weakest, He makes you strong!

Because of the extravagance of those revelations, and so I wouldn’t get a big head, I was given the gift of a handicap to keep me in constant touch with my limitations. Satan’s angel did his best to get me down; what he in fact did was push me to my knees. No danger then of walking around high and mighty! At first I didn’t think of it as a gift, and begged God to remove it. Three times I did that, and then He told me,

My grace is enough; it’s all you need.
My strength comes into its own in your weakness.

Once I heard that, I was glad to let it happen. I quit focusing on the handicap and began appreciating the gift. It was a case of Christ’s strength moving in on my weakness. Now I take limitations in stride, and with good cheer, these limitations that cut me down to size—abuse, accidents, opposition, bad breaks. I just let Christ take over! And so the weaker I get, the stronger I become. (2 Cor 12:7-10 MSG)

He’s with you, Saint! He’s covering you, Saint! He’s loving you in spite of you, Saint! He has exactly what you need and more so trust Him. He’s got this!

 

Amen

No comments: