Friday, March 18, 2016

How much is your word worth?

I haven't missed a Thursday Rhema in almost 5 years. But today, it seemed like no matter what I did, I couldn't carve out time to write. Everything that could, got between me and doing my assignment but yet, here I am. I just couldn't go to bed without trying to get it done before midnight. Crazy, right? Why is it so important? The word is still relevant on Friday, right? Of course it is! I'm not that deep! But I do know that God gave me specific instructions 5 years ago that I try my best to follow. So I had to ask myself a serious question. How much was MY word worth? Was it worth a few minutes of lost sleep in order to maintain the standard that God had set forth? I decided that it most certainly was and it made me think. What about you? What has God put in your spirit that you have let time, people or struggle keep you from accomplishing?  Will you follow through with what God has assigned to you regardless of what obstacles come your way? Will you stand by what He birthed in you even when what you expected isn't what you see? I, for one, am tired of watching people adjust what God said to make things more comfortable for them. It's time to stick and stay, Saints! 

God then sent me to Ecclesiastes just to be sure I had it. “When you make a promise to God, don’t delay in following through, for God takes no pleasure in fools. Keep all the promises you make to him. It is better to say nothing than to make a promise and not keep it. Don’t let your mouth make you sin. And don’t defend yourself by telling the Temple messenger that the promise you made was a mistake. That would make God angry, and he might wipe out everything you have achieved. Talk is cheap, like daydreams and other useless activities. Fear God instead.” (Eccl‬ ‭5:4-7‬ ‭NLT‬‬)

I hadn't thought of it like that! When I told God yes, I was giving Him my word. I was promising Him my heart, my actions and my obedience. Wow!  It makes it a lot harder to throw away an assignment when we look at it like that, doesn't it? I want to challenge you to do what God has placed in you to do. Stop taking your visions and dreams lightly and pushing them back because something distracts or challenges you. Truth, Lord! Come on! If God thought it important enough to share with you, shouldn't you take it seriously enough to carry out. Too many times, I have let fear or doubt keep me from walking out an important assignment. What about you?  Join me in saying, No more! If I ask God to be a promise keeper, I should try my best to return the favor. Doesn't He deserve it?

Amen 


No comments: