Thursday, October 8, 2015

Good News!


God is good. Actually, He’s better than good. He’s great. He’s faithful and He’s consistent. He is present when all you see is empty space. He is love when all you feel is nothing. He is joy when all you experience is sadness. God is God. He’s all that you need and more than enough. I really expected to write something deep today after having a recent mountaintop experience but instead God told me to just write what was on my heart. So I will and pray that it blesses someone.

As I was in prayer this morning, all I kept hearing was “I am thine, O Lord, I have heard thy voice, and it told Thy love to me; but I long to rise in the arms of faith and be closer drawn to thee.” It blessed me because it reminded me that no matter what I face or experience, I am the Lord’s and He is mine. Do you know how amazing and important that it is for you? When you made that decision to give your life to Christ, you became a part of God’s family. You became the apple of His eye and His beloved. He knew you before you were in your mother’s womb and He waited for you. I mean that blessed me to know that even when I was in the world doing the opposite of most scriptures, He still loved me. That’s what Romans 5:8 tells me. The Message version says that “God put His love on the line for us by offering His Son in sacrificial death while we were of no use whatsoever to Him.” That’s love, y’all!

I mean, just to think about the fact that God sees me and knows everything about me takes the pressure off. I don’t have to spend my time anymore trying to figure out IF I can accomplish A, B, or C. I don’t have to stress myself out wondering IF God can really use me to do what He told me because I got it deep in my spirit that I am His and He is mine. I opened up my heart and heard God when He said that I am who He says that I am. I am redeemed. I am powerful. I am capable. I am valuable. I am enough. If you haven’t done that, I encourage you to do it today. You see, when Christ died on the cross and rose again, it was a finished work. You don’t have to keep fighting a battle that is already won. You don’t have to keep searching for an answer that has already been provided. You don’t have to keep cleaning up what has already been washed clean. I love what Jesus said to His disciples in Luke 12:6 &7 when they were concerned about what religious folks were saying about them.  What’s the price of two or three pet canaries? Some loose change, right? But God never overlooks a single one. And he pays even greater attention to you, down to the last detail—even numbering the hairs on your head! So don’t be intimidated by all this bully talk. You’re worth more than a million canaries. That’s assurance, y’all!

I know that some of you have been holding on to what used to be for so long that it’s hard to walk into what God is saying now. But I want to leave you with the fact that God loves you so much. He sees you in your final state. He sees the completed work that He did. You are His and so He has big plans for you, plans for you to prosper and have a good future.  I encourage you today to hold on to His promises. Believe what He told you and walk in it. You can trust Him when He says to you, “For even if the mountains walk away and the hills fall to pieces, My love won’t walk away from you, My covenant commitment of peace won’t fall apart.” The God who has compassion on you says so.” (Is. 54:10, MSG) He’s yours and you are His. That’s peace, y’all!

AMEN

No comments: