Thursday, May 15, 2014

Press Forward


Every week I strive to bring you a word from the Lord to encourage your spirit and it’s usually pretty lengthy. Today, the Lord just said, “Press forward”. That was it. After a long period of prayer and waiting, that was all He said. And so that is what I will share with you.  I know that life has been stressful lately. Bills have been piling up, kids have been going through, and the job has required a lot of you. People have disappointed you and your regular fixes haven’t worked like they usually do. But in all of this, you must press forward. I’m reminded of when Paul & Barnabas were travelling and preaching and making disciples. There was a point where they looped back to some of the people they had previously ministered to in order to strengthen them. Acts 14:22 says, “They encouraged them to continue in the faith, reminding them that we must suffer many hardships to enter the Kingdom of God.” Even the saints of old needed someone to tell them that they could make it and keep going despite circumstances and struggles.

You see, this road will not always be smooth but you have to know that the outcome will be worth it. You have to remember to keep your focus on Jesus who cares for you, for there is value in knowing and trusting in Him. Be encouraged by the words of Paul in Philippians 3: 12 – 14. “I don’t mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection. But I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me.  No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us.(NLT)

Press forward, saints! Don’t allow the expectations of man or the stresses of this world keep you from reaching the goal that God has set before you. He has purposed you for greatness and set before you a future and a hope. It’s amazing what the enemy will do to try and distract you from that. He will use people that you love. He will throw distractions in your path that that will try to throw you off course. He will speak doubt and fear into your spirit. But I’m here to encourage you today to stay the course and continue to press forward. I leave you with the words of Peter in 1 Peter 5:10 and pray that you remember that you serve a God that is faithful and present. He is with you every step of the way as you make your way to victory. “But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen and settle you.” AMEN.

No comments: