Thursday, October 31, 2013

Morning is coming...

This morning when I went to the gym, it was dark. I was facing the window on the treadmill and I watched as the sun came up and light chased the darkness away. It was an amazing transformation from shadows and low street lights to full vision and light. Things that I couldn't identify slowly became clear and easier to understand. As I continued to walk, The Lord said to me, "There's always another day." Immediately, the scripture in Lamentations came to my mind. "Through the Lord’s mercies we are not consumed,Because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning;Great is Your faithfulness." (Lam. 3:22-23 NKJV) On a day when the world is celebrating darkness, God wants you to remember that there is always light.

The thing about darkness is that it cannot last. No matter how much it may want to stay around or you want to stay in it, light immediately dispels it. As I watched the sun rise this morning, I thought about how long yesterday was for me. I mean it seemed like it would never end. But it did. Sometimes, we look at our situations and feel the same way. It can seem very dark when your marriage is in recovery, your finances in bad shape, or your child is sick. It can be overwhelming to not be able to see your way out but I'm here to remind you that God looks at you everyday and makes new mercies available to you. He showers His light on you and chases the shadows away.

Here's the thing though, you have to open your eyes to see the transformation. You have to be paying attention and expecting the change to happen. When I was working out, I could have kept my eyes on the things going on around me in the gym and I would have missed watching the sun chase away the darkness. But I knew that something was going to happen and I waited for it. If you are going through a difficult time right now, I encourage you to expect God to do something new for you everyday. Look at the verse that follows in Lamentations. It says, "The Lord is my portion,” says my soul,“Therefore I hope in Him!” (3:24 NKJV) The Complete Jewish Bible makes it even clearer and says "Adonai (The Lord) is all I have," I say; “therefore I will put my hope in him." With everything you have, believe that God wants His light to shine in your life. He wants you to prosper and be in good health. He wants your light to shine so that He will get the glory. He wants you to live.

Today, I pray that God's love and light overtake any issues or struggles that you face. I speak an end to your nights of weeping and welcome your morning of joy. "Then shall your light break forth like the morning, and your healing your restoration and the power of a new life shall spring forth speedily; your righteousness your rightness, your justice, and your right relationship with God shall go before you conducting you to peace and prosperity, and the glory of the Lord shall be your rear guard. Then you shall call, and the Lord will answer; you shall cry, and He will say, Here I am." (Is. 58:8-9a AMP)

Amen...

No comments: