Thursday, March 21, 2013

The Greatest Love of All


God is love. God is mighty. God is powerful. God is great. He’s all those things and more. And yet in all my mess, my nastiness, my attitude, and my flesh, He still loved me. And He still loved you. It doesn’t matter how many times I think about it, I am always amazed at a love like that. In His perfect love, He sent His son to die for us. This Son took an unimaginable punishment for me…for you. John 15:13 says “Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends.” That’s love y’all.

I don’t have much to say today. God has so overwhelmed me with His love that I feel all He wants me to do is remind you of that love. This week, I was in the midst of what seemed like an unending attack. There were times I wanted to throw in the towel but EVERY time, I felt His love surround me. He used His word, He used people, He used songs but He was always there. As we prepare for Easter next Sunday, think on the ultimate love in your life. It doesn’t matter what you aren’t getting from your spouse or your children. It doesn’t matter if you are single or married. It doesn’t even matter if you are getting it from your pastor or church. If you are in relationship with God, there is an unending and unfailing supply of love. “It is patient and kind. It isn’t jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It doesn’t demand its own way. It isn’t irritable and it keeps no record of being wronged. It doesn’t rejoice about injustice and rejoices whenever the truth wins out. It never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.” (1Cor. 13: 4-7 NLT) This love is quite simply… amazing.

I invite you today to rest in God’s love. If you can really grab hold to that, everything else in your life will start to line up because it is the foundation of everything. ”God showed His love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” (Rom. 5:8 ESV) He knows who you are and were and still loves you.  That’s love y’all. Be blessed…AMEN

No comments: