Thursday, March 7, 2013

If He said it, I believe it!


Sometimes I wish I knew what God was thinking. Come on, I can’t be the only one! Haven’t you ever said out loud or to yourself, “Why is this happening, God?” Or maybe you just struggled with things going on in your life and wondered when it was going to end or why you had to face it at all. The flesh part of us wants to be in control and know how to figure everything out so that it makes sense but the truth of the matter is God doesn’t think like us. If He did, we would be in a world of trouble!  He tells us the answer himself in Isaiah 55: 8 & 9 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord.  “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.”  Today, I want to challenge your faith. I want to encourage you to get to a place where if God says something, you believe it and it’s settled. God loves us so much and he wants us to be secure in knowing that what we are experiencing in our lives will serve a purpose. “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” (Jer 29:11 NIV) If God said it, believe it!

The world has been so crazy lately. Children are dying horrible deaths, the economy is up and down, and sickness is all around. Even those of us who believe are going through difficult times in our lives. It seems like it’s always something that comes to distract or destroy us. But God’s Word is true. The key is knowing it and standing on it. Isaiah 55 is a great chapter in the Bible. It’s a beautiful chapter with vivid images and language. It’s both an invitation to those who are thirsty and searching and a reassurance to those that know God.  It also contains one of my most called upon and favorite scriptures, verse 11. So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, but it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.” (NKJV) If you didn’t read that aloud, please go back now and do so! That is a WORD, folks!! God just said that if He said it, it will do what He wants it to do and it will prosper!  The NLT version says “It is the same with my word. I send it out, and it always produces fruit. It will accomplish all I want it to, and it will prosper everywhere I send it.” If God said it, believe it!

Trust me, I know it’s been hard. The enemy has been so busy and he is playing dirty…acting out through siblings, close friends, even spouses. But even he serves a purpose! He doesn’t even realize what he’s doing. You see all those trials and attacks that he is throwing your way are being used to push you into a deeper place of anointing and power. Nothing will cause you to seek the face of God like an attack. Though we should seek Him daily and all day, isn’t it true that when something is going on in your life, you will find your way to prayer, to your Bible, to the church?  Clearly the devil hasn’t figured that out, otherwise he might stop his tricks but my point is, “everything works for the good of them that love God and are called according to His purpose.” (Rom. 8:28) Don’t let the goings on of the world keep you from believing what God has promised you. “For no matter how many promises God has made, they are “Yes” in Christ. And so through him the “Amen” is spoken by us to the glory of God.” (2 Cor. 1:20 NIV) If God said it, believe it!

So today, I challenge you to walk with confidence! “God is not human, that he should lie, not a human being, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?” (Num. 23:19 NIV) It is written time and time again in the Word to trust God. He loves you and wants to bless you. He wants you to prosper and be in good health. Don’t allow what your situation looks like cause you to turn back. If God said He was going to deliver you husband, believe Him. If He said your family would be blessed, believe Him. If God told you that you would be a mother, believe Him! But let Him work it out the way He sees fit. Remember He doesn’t think like us so His solution may not be what you would have designed for yourself but it will be the best thing for you. Trust Him! He already has the plan laid out and it will prosper!

Be blessed…AMEN!

No comments: