Saturday, May 4, 2019

Look up!

The Lord has so many attributes and abilities that I love. He is a provider and a protector, healer and sustainer, friend and father. He is quite simply and yet so deeply amazing! But there is one aspect of God that has always spoken to me and met me at my lowest moments and it is this: He is the lifter of my head! If you have ever been in worship with me, you have heard me acknowledge God for this because it is so real to me. Many times, before I could get to victory or joy or peace, I needed to know that God was with me and He always started with lifting my head up. There is nothing like when someone you love puts their hand under your chin and lifts your head. It means they were paying attention and care enough to not let you stay in that hard place. That’s what God does!

When David was running from his son Absalom, he was overwhelmed by what had happened in his life. His situation had turned for the worse and left him reeling and surrounded by enemies. He was completely outdone with what was against him but then he remembered Who he had in his corner.

“But You, O LORD, are a shield for me, My glory [and my honor], and the One who lifts my head.”
‭‭PSALMS‬ ‭3:3‬ ‭AMP‬‬‬‬‬‬

There will be many times in your life where the bad seems to outweigh the good and the enemy looks to be winning; where it seems like you just cannot get a break.  But can I just encourage you today that the Lord is ready and prepared to lift your head in even the darkest of moments? What does that mean? It means that He takes your focus away from things that are beneath you. It means that He actively puts His hand on the place where your thoughts are. But most of all, it means that He is right beside you. He’s close and aware of your issues and situations. He is covering and protecting you all in that action of lifting your head.

You will come to realize, as David did, that God is bigger than what is against you. Stand strong, Saint! There is great power in knowing that you serve a God that won’t let you wallow in what opposes you but instead calls you to look up at what is ahead of you.

Amen

No comments: