Saturday, March 23, 2019

What to do about change...

Change is inevitable. People will change, circumstances will change, even your mind will change. It is a part of life that is unavoidable and hard. I mean, what happens when something changes that you are used to having or happening? Do you throw a fit or throw in the towel? What is your response?

I have been tossing these thoughts around in my head over the last several weeks as I looked at my life. I have searched and searched for the most comforting answer and still been left without much comfort. And then, I was reminded of a verse that the church has completely worn out on the scale of churchiest phrases. But in it, I found a peace that I had not previously understood.

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.”(Hebrews‬ ‭13:8‬ ‭NKJV‬‬)‬‬

Take a minute with that! I mean, really take it in and SELAH. No matter what your bank account says, Jesus is the same! No matter what your marriage feels like today, Jesus is the same. No matter where you go, Jesus Christ is the same. Regardless of what happens to your routine, He is the SAME!  Come on! He is the same yesterday, today AND forever! So many times, this is where you miss it, you react with your emotions when God is trying to get you to see His consistency. He wants you to see that in a world that is constantly changing, you can count on Him to give you stability.  

Listen, change and I have been spending a lot of time together recently! However, this short and immensely powerful verse has shown me that I don’t have to worry. Why? Because regardless of how my plans, life, crew, etc. change, the God I serve doesn’t. Stop worrying about who or what comes and goes and put your trust in the One who promised to never leave or forsake you.

Amen

No comments: