Thursday, February 28, 2019

Made it!!

This morning the Lord highlighted a scripture for me about the Israelites that I don’t really remember. I’m sure that I have read it before but today it just seemed brand new. “For the Lord your God has blessed you in everything you have done. He has watched your every step through this great wilderness. During these forty years, the Lord your God has been with you, and you have lacked nothing.”’”‭‭(Deuteronomy‬ ‭2:7‬ ‭NLT‬‬)

Maybe I’m reflecting on this passage because as I write this, it is the last few minutes of my 30s. But it really struck me today what the Lord was saying to these people that had both doubted and celebrated Him, disappointed Him and made Him proud, followed Him and then regretted it. Yet in all of that back and forth, God was still there. In the midst of their most challenging time, wandering in the wilderness, He provided for them and kept them safe. Think about this now. No matter what your wilderness has looked like, you are still alive to read this post. No matter what your family did, you still have a future. No matter where you may have gone wrong, you still have a purpose. God has been there the entire time, loving you and providing for you. It’s an overwhelming thing, if you think about it. A God that literally owes you nothing gave it all for you. Does that blow your mind like it does mine?

Maybe I should say it another way. You made it! Really…you made it here to February 28th, 2019. So many of us shouldn’t have made it out of 1999 but here you are. Through it all, the Lord your God has been with you. Blocking the car from running you off the road, stopping the heart attack, keeping your mind. He has been there the whole time! So you see, when I say that you made it, I want you to really think about that thing because what you do next is affected. If you can celebrate making it, what ails you won’t wear you out. If you can just shout ”I made it”, what overwhelmed you last week will be a distant memory this week.

I just want you to know that the Lord never left you. Never! Not in the middle of the wilderness and not in the middle of your yes.  It may have gotten cloudy and lonely but He was there and and guess what? That won’t change!

Amen

No comments: