Thursday, December 1, 2016

Victory Dance


I just need to encourage someone today that you have the victory! I know it sounds cliché and overly churchy but it’s true. Nowadays, people talk about victory so casually that the power behind the meaning and message has dulled. So I looked up the definition of the word victory and I understood even more why you have to really feel it! Merriam Webster says it is “the overcoming of an enemy or antagonist; the achievement of mastery or success in a struggle or endeavor against odds or difficulties.” Nothing about that definition says easy or without pain but the end result, after the struggle and difficulties, is success! And it comes because you have the best weapon on your side. God is fighting for you and He has never lost a battle! I need you to get this in your spirit and keep it close when the enemy tries to distract you.  I need you to understand this when your circumstances say loss. I really need you to KNOW this when you attempt to derail yourself. YOU WIN!

I woke up singing Todd Dulaney’s “Victory belongs to Jesus”. I mean it was on repeat in my brain and in my spirit! I couldn’t get away from it. I love the song and the message but I started asking myself if I really believe it. Do I function and respond to circumstances and trials that come up like I know that He has the victory? Do you? It’s easy to look at facts and circumstances and become fearful or doubt that things will work out in your favor. But God is calling on His people to rise up now more than ever and trust who He is. He is calling on you to look at His track record and trust that what He did before, He will do again. He is challenging you to really believe what you’re quoting instead of allowing doubt to set in as soon as you walk out of the church on Sunday.  James 1:12 says, “blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love Him.” (ESV) Are you doing your part and walking in the victory that God has promised?

Well, Ebony, how do I obtain victory when there is so much hell and attack coming towards me? It sounds good to say I win but I have some big stuff coming against me! I hear you and I understand. Who hasn’t had this conversation with God at some point? Who hasn’t looked around at their situation and wondered how God could possibly work it out? Well, Moses gives a great battle plan in Deuteronomy 20 that the Lord highlighted for me this morning.

When you go to war against your enemy and see horses and chariots and soldiers far outnumbering you, do not recoil in fear of them; God, your God, who brought you up out of Egypt is with you. When the battle is about to begin, let the priest come forward and speak to the troops. He’ll say, “Attention, Israel. In a few minutes you’re going to do battle with your enemies. Don’t waver in resolve. Don’t fear. Don’t hesitate. Don’t panic. God, your God, is right there with you, fighting with you against your enemies, fighting to win.”

You got it? Don’t fear what you see, how big your problem is. Instead, look at the God that brought you out many times before! Just as you are going into battle, seek the Lord and what He is saying. Pray, seek wise counsel and be encouraged. When you go against these big situations and challenges, understand that it’s war and you have to be prepared and act accordingly. Go in without fear, hesitation or panic, knowing that God is fighting with you and He is fighting to win! Act like you have the victory, saint! Go into every battle with the mindset that you already know the outcome. When your marriage is attacked, you win! When your health is attacked, you win! When your finances are attacked, you win! “But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.” (1 Cor. 15:57 NKJV) Do you understand? There is no battle too hard or enemy to big that God can’t handle it. YOU WIN!

Amen

No comments: