Thursday, May 26, 2016

He's enough

This was one of those mornings when I couldn't hear a thing. I'm out of town and therefore off of my normal schedule and routine. Even though I got in a quiet place and prayed, I just couldn't seem to hear what God was saying. The only thing I kept hearing over and over was a line from a Charles Jenkins song, “Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God.” The problem was that I couldn’t figure out what I was supposed to get from that. There was no instruction or catchy phrase that came along with it, just that line on repeat. I’ll admit it, I was starting to get a little stressed. Finally, I heard the Lord say, “That’s enough.” What do you mean, God? That’s enough thinking, praying, trying to figure it out? What are you saying to me? Then I heard that still small voice say, “My name is enough.” And there it was! I was looking everywhere for a deep word to come when the name of Christ was and is enough.

The Lord took me to John 20 and it all came together what God was saying to me. He showed me the section when Mary Magdalene was at the tomb mourning after discovering Jesus’s body was not there anymore. She is in great distress when the angels speak to her. “Dear woman, why are you crying?” the angels asked her. “Because they have taken away my Lord,” she replied, “and I don’t know where they have put him.” She turned to leave and saw someone standing there. It was Jesus, but she didn’t recognize him. “Dear woman, why are you crying?” Jesus asked her. “Who are you looking for?” She thought he was the gardener. “Sir,” she said, “if you have taken him away, tell me where you have put him, and I will go and get him.” “Mary!” Jesus said. She turned to him and cried out, “Rabboni!” (which is Hebrew for “Teacher”).”(John‬ ‭20:13-16‬ ‭NLT‬‬)

Sometimes life can distract you so much that you miss what is right in front of you. It happened to me this morning. I was looking for God to give me this amazing word for you and He did but I let what I'm used to distract me from what God wanted me to see and that was Jesus. I don't care what is happening in your life, Jesus is enough. He is present and He is willing. He is your great Advocate and your constant Intercessor. He bore stripes for your healing and took on death, hell and the grave so that you could live. His Name causes demons to flee and everything to bow in worship. He is right where you need Him to be. Mary Magdalene was so caught in the distress of her current situation that she failed to recognize the answer to her needs hen He was right in front of her. I want to encourage you today to know that Jesus is enough. He is present and He is willing. Don’t miss Him because your situation looks impossible. Don’t miss Him because you're expecting something else. And please don't miss Him because you’re so distracted that you don't recognize Him when He shows up.

Isn't it good to know Jesus Christ the Son of the Living God is enough for everything you face?

Amen





No comments: