Thursday, April 23, 2015

God has your back!


Have you ever had a day where you just needed an encouraging word? Perhaps you have had a rough week and you just need to be reminded that God is with you? Or maybe you are just worn out from giving so much of yourself. Well I asked God today for a right now, relevant word that would minister to you AND me! He answered and I pray that it uplifts and strengthens you to keep pressing.

Psalm 91 is a powerhouse scripture passage. It is filled with nuggets and phrases that you can pull out and stand on. Today, God wants you to focus on verses 14 – 16. I pray that you receive His words in your heart. “Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him; I will set him on high, because he has known My name.  He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honor him. With long life I will satisfy him, and show him My salvation.” Do you see what God is saying here? Read it again! He is essentially saying that He has your back! You are not alone in this struggle. Sickness, depression, grief, bitterness, none of those things can stand up to Jehovah Mephalti, the God who delivers! So many times the enemy attempts to take you out by focusing your thoughts on the difficulty of your situation. He will hammer you with reminders of what you don’t have and what isn’t working. But God is saying that He WILL be with you in trouble and He WILL answer you when you call on Him. There is something about the word WILL. There’s no doubt in that word…it’s a sure thing! When God says that He WILL do something, you can take it to the bank!

Okay…so God just told you what He was going to do simply because you have loved Him. If you have any doubt, He just sent me to Isaiah 55 to make sure you have it. Read the word of the Lord and hold it in your heart. “The rain and snow come down from the heavens and stay on the ground to water the earth. They cause the grain to grow, producing seed for the farmer and bread for the hungry.  It is the same with My word. I send it out, and it always produces fruit. It will accomplish all I want it to, and it will prosper everywhere I send it.” (Is. 55: 10-11, NLT) God doesn’t causally throw words around. If He said it, it always produces a result! It will do just what He intends for it to do. Some of you need to be reminded that “God is not like man that He should lie nor a son of man that He should repent. Has He said, and will He not do? Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good? (Num. 23:19 NKJV) Don’t categorize Him with people and stay in a place of worry and fear. NO! God LOVES you and He will be with you no matter what you face!

As you go through the rest of this day, I want to encourage you to stand firmly and boldly on the word of God. This is the time of shifting. He is moving you out of the same old mess and away from the same old giants but you have to be willing to move. You have to be willing to take Him at His word and obey. He wanted to encourage you today to step out of those old shackles and walk into what He has been telling you. YOU have to believe it! He is with you! Everything that has drained you, weighed you down, tormented you has to submit to the power of God. So, be encouraged today! You are blessed! You are an overcomer! But most of all, you are HIS!

God bless you…AMEN

No comments: