Thursday, July 17, 2014

Still on Track


Sometimes I wonder how I, with my imperfect self, am even eligible to encourage you every week. I wonder how I can be going through a rough patch, a dry period and yet God see fit to give me a word to share. Sometimes I sit down to pray and meditate and I don’t hear anything or the visions are fleeting and I want to send out a message that says “No Rhema today!” I said these things to God this morning and as always He sent a word. He sent a man to walk with me on the track this morning and simply tell me that God loves me. The man walked with me for almost 2 miles and encouraged me and told me that God has a plan for me and He’s already done the work. In my spirit and soul, I already knew that but God wanted to remind me. So in turn, I want to remind you.

Many of you have been going through some of the most difficult times in your life. Your marriage has been a struggle or in recovery. Your church life is frustrating you. Your job situation is not what you want it to be. Your finances are a mess. But something down on the inside keeps telling you not to give up. I heard Sunday that God’s nickname must be “Something” because it’s Him. He wants you to know that He is in control and He is working things out for you. One of my favorite scriptures is Romans 8:28 and I’ve memorized and meditated on that Word in the New King James Version for years and years. Today, however, God sent me to the Message version and included verses 26 & 27. This is the word that He has for you AND me today.

 Meanwhile, the moment we get tired in the waiting, God’s Spirit is right alongside helping us along. If we don’t know how or what to pray, it doesn’t matter. He does our praying in and for us, making prayer out of our wordless sighs, our aching groans. He knows us far better than we know ourselves, knows our pregnant condition, and keeps us present before God. That’s why we can be so sure that every detail in our lives of love for God is worked into something good.

I pray that you receive it down in your spirit and stand on it. God has not forgotten you in your situation. He has not abandoned the plan nor changed course. He is still going to do just what He said He would do. As that man and I finished walking this morning, He paraphrased another of my favorite scriptures, Isaiah 55:11. He said “God’s word was going to find you today even if I had never said a word to you because His word is going to do what it sets out to do.” Saints, keep going and keep trusting. God’s word never comes back void. I love you! Amen…

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you!!!!!!! I really needed this today!!!!