Thursday, February 6, 2014

My New Thing


Today I want to talk to the survivors…the overcomers. I want to encourage those of you that have weathered some of the roughest waters of your life and you’re still swimming. I want to speak life to those of you that are currently in the midst of a battle and you’re still fighting. God told me to tell you that a new thing is coming! Isn’t that exciting? I know it blessed me this morning! Even though it’s hard sometimes to think about anything new when your current situation looks bleak or your past seems so close, God has been watching your press. He has seen your faith and He wants to encourage you to continue to look to him because “what we suffer now is nothing compared to the glory He will reveal to us later.” (Rom. 8:18 NLT)

This morning as I prepared to write, I saw miles and miles of dry, cracked dirt. It was a deep orange color (probably because I grew up in Orange County where all the dirt is orange!) and filled with cracks and crevices. It looked like a wasteland of dead trees and open space. There was no wind, no green, no sign of life anywhere. It was just still. But as I scanned the horizon, my eyes happened upon one plant. It was a beautiful bright green. It stood tall in the midst of dryness. I began to wonder how it was possible for this plant to grow in this type of environment. As I looked at it, the green began to spread until the whole vision had changed from drought to life. The Lord began to show me that this was a picture of His Word at work in your life.  He said, “For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it? I will make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the dry wasteland.” (Is. 43:19 NLT) You see? God knows! He knows about your situation. He knows that you have been struggling to find purpose in what you’re doing. He knows that you’ve been fighting a long time for your family. He knows that you have been waiting on that promise. He knows that despite all of that you kept going to church, kept praying, kept believing. He wants you to know that He is doing a work in you that will transform your life. He is creating and nurturing a new thing that will water your dry places. Do you see it?

In this season, God wants you to be whole, restored, and renewed. He wants you to walk in your purpose and calling and believe that if He brought you to it, He will equip you to go through it. God is doing something new in you. It does not matter what your circumstances look like, what they are saying to you, or what they feel like. God is doing something new. He keeps saying this to me. It’s time for you to trust Him at His Word. It is a life giving, life changing, life restoring word. You already have the fight in you! You already have the survivor spirit! So now call up every bit of faith you have and turn it up! God is watering that plant and it is spreading. Do you believe the transformation that is taking place in you? Well then I challenge you to stand up and declare with power: MY NEW THING IS COMING AND I RECEIVE IT!

May God continue to restore and renew your spirit in Him. May His love wash away the dirt and the blood from the battle so that you come forth as shining gold! Keep pressing…the transformation has already begun!

AMEN

No comments: