Thursday, August 22, 2013

Do you know Him?


I need thee, oh, I need thee! Every hour yes, Lord, I need thee. Bless me now, my savior. I come to thee. I woke up this morning with that old hymn in my spirit. What do you need from God today? Think about it seriously before you answer. Beyond your daily needs and desires, is there something you are seeking Him for? I mean something that could have big impact on your life spiritually or physically. What is your request of the Father? Today is for those that really need God to move.  There’s no deep question or spiritual image. There’s just a statement of assurance and it’s very simple yet gets right to the point. He knows.

I want to talk to the people today that are in situations and have no clue how to get out. It’s like the hole dug itself and you don’t know how you ended up on the bottom. Or it could be that you know exactly how you got where you are but you don’t know where you lost control of the outcome. Sound familiar? I want to talk to the people whose nerves and emotions are in disarray because you put so much faith in a person and they have disappointed you to the point where you don’t know how to get back to the basic love you had for them. Is that you? I want to talk to the people that have received a diagnosis and you may or may not have made some decisions in your life that brought the sickness to you but you are so in shock that you don’t know how to ask for healing. I even want to talk to the people that are in a state of transition. You’re close to retirement, your child has left for college, or maybe God is shifting you to another level but you find yourself in that place of limbo. Sometimes you don’t know if you are coming or going. All you want is for life to slow down a bit so you can catch up and prepare but everything keeps moving. You see it doesn’t matter at what stage you find yourself today…God knows.

I don’t know about you, but when I am in a tough situation, I always end up having these long conversations with God and I try to get him to understand where I’m coming from, what I’m experiencing, what I’m feeling. But it’s unnecessary because He already knows. He knows when you want to give up. He knows when you want to leave. He even knows when you are on your last leg. 1 John 3:20 says “For whenever our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and He knows everything.” (ESV) That tells me that no matter what the enemy has said to you or what you have said to yourself, God is greater. No matter what you face at home, at work, at church, God is greater and HE KNOWS!

You don’t have to stay in your situation believing that you are in it alone. Remember that God knew you before you were formed in your mother’s womb. He knows what you stand in need of. He knows your request before you make it. The key is do you know Him? Psalm 139 explains just how well God knows you and me. O Lord, you have examined my heart and know everything about me.  You know when I sit down or stand up. You know my thoughts even when I’m far away.  You see me when I travel and when I rest at home. You know everything I do.  You know what I am going to say even before I say it, Lord. You go before me and follow me. You place your hand of blessing on my head.  Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too great for me to understand!” (Ps 139: 1-6 NLT) That’s deep, right?! Just as David says, it’s too great for our natural minds to understand. But if He knows us so well, to the point where He’s always with us, then we need to make sure that we know Him in return. Sure, there will be mysteries that we don’t understand because His thoughts are higher than ours but if we spend time with Him, we can get to know Him. We really don’t have a choice. We cannot ask Him to move on our behalf but treat Him like a Sugar Daddy. Pray when you want something and then go back to your regular ways. That is not how you get to know your real Father.

So it comes down to this.  The answer to your great need is found in Him and knowing Him in a real way. If you are in a hole, and you know the Master Builder, don’t you think He has the tools to bring you up and out? If you are sick, and you know the Master Physician, don’t you think He has the equipment to heal your body? If you are in transition and you know the Master Navigator, don’t you think He has the plan in place for your breakthrough. “For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.” (Jer. 29:11 NLT) See? He knows and He has it all worked out for your good!

God bless…AMEN

No comments: