Thursday, October 11, 2012

Bye Bye, devil...


“I just don’t understand why this is happening to me. I’m a good person!” Have you ever found yourself saying that to yourself or someone else? Most of us have. It’s hard to see those that are doing whatever they want prosper while you are fasting and praying and struggling. Or even worse, you are really chasing after God and giving Him your best, and the enemy goes for the jugular with his attacks.  How do you maintain yourself? Well, God has really been dealing with me lately about recognizing the attack for what it is so that I know how to react. You see, the devil loves a mind game! If he can get you to respond to one of his tricks, that’s a feather in his cap. Today, I want to remind you that there is a battle plan for your attack and victory in your praise!

In Psalm 18, we find our old friend David praising God after He delivered him from Saul. The whole psalm is a testimony to what the Lord can do when you’re in the midst of an attack. He reached down from on high and took hold of me; he drew me out of deep waters.  He rescued me from my powerful enemy, from my foes, who were too strong for me.  They confronted me in the day of my disaster, but the Lord was my support.  He brought me out into a spacious place; he rescued me because he delighted in me.”(Psa. 18:16-19 NIV) You don’t have to fight these attacks on your own.  Earlier in the chapter in verse 6, David says, “In my distress I called to the Lord; I cried to my God for help. From His temple He heard my voice; my cry came before Him, in His ears.”  So there’s our first step! Call on God! Don’t let the enemy keep you silent and suffering. That’s what he wants. But oh no, devil! You cry out to God and He will answer.  There is no attack or enemy that is too strong for God to handle.  Don’t make the attack out to be bigger than God. Trust Him enough to ask for His help.

When I came out of prayer this morning, the chorus of Hallelujah was playing in my mind. I sang it a few times through but it kept playing. I was kind of ready to move on when it hit me. Step two - Praise!!  It’s the response to the attack!  When the enemy attacks, he expects you, and truth be told, WANTS you to give in to your flesh. He wants you to get mad, get bitter, and get even. Isn’t that the world’s way? Isn’t that what some of your friends will tell you to do? But will their solution give you victory over the hurt or peace in your emotions?  No, it’s a temporary high but we’re seeking the permanent healing that only God can give. Praise can get you there! When you praise God in the midst of your trial or attack, you send shockwaves through hell because that’s not the response they are looking for. I know what you’re saying…I really don’t feel like praising, Ebony. I just want to sleep until it goes away or I’ll give God what I’m comfortable with – a clap here, a tear there. But there is power in your praise! There is victory in your shout! There is joy in your dance! Do not let the devil keep you bound up in silence. How do you know your praise won’t break something in someone else? Try it! When you feel that praise bubbling up inside, let it loose!

Let me tell you something, the devil is already defeated! He has an expected end and it’s in a pit in hell. He can’t win unless you let him. God is not going to leave you to fight alone! Get up! It’s time for the next step - fight! “To the faithful You show Yourself faithful; to those with integrity You show integrity.  To the pure You show Yourself pure, but to the wicked You show Yourself hostile.  You rescue the humble, but You humiliate the proud.  You light a lamp for me. The Lord, my God, lights up my darkness.  In Your strength I can crush an army; with my God I can scale any wall.” (Ps 18: 25-29 NLT) You have the power of the most High God behind you! Remember that “we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places.” (Eph 6: 12 NLT) You can’t fight spiritual attacks with worldly weapons!

 Fight with your prayers! Fight with your praise! Fight with your power and authority! It’s not really even a step. It’s your way of survival. When you let the devil take you under and give up, he wins. Don’t lay down your weapons. You know what I mean? Don’t stop reading your Word. Don’t stop giving God praise for the victory. Don’t stop seeking His face. Sometimes it’s really hard. I freely admit that. When the attacks won’t stop coming and you get tired, keep praising! Hebrews 13:15 says “Therefore by Him let us continually offer the sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of our lips, giving thanks to His name.” (NKJV) Why is that scripture relevant?  A sacrifice is a loss or something you give up, usually for the sake of a better cause. (www.vocabulary.com) What better cause is there than overcoming an attack of the enemy!  Give God the praise even when you don’t feel like it. I guarantee you will feel a shift!


I
 declare now in the atmosphere that you will win! Come on! Join me in giving God the highest praise for the victory in your life! Even if you can't see it yet - expect it, wait for it, celebrate it! HALLELUJAH! HALLELUJAH! "Let God arise and let His enemies be scattered! Let those also who hate Him flee before Him!" (Psalm 68:1)
Bye bye, devil! AMEN
 

 

No comments: