Thursday, July 12, 2018

Ok...



What would you do differently if your next decision determined your destiny? How would you act if what you said in the next minute could change the direction of your life? Where you would go if your choice were the last move you would ever make? Deep questions for a Thursday afternoon, huh? I agree! I asked the Lord what the point was and His response almost took me out. He said, ‘so many people treat the life I gave them with cavalier attitudes. They don’t seek Me. They don’t acknowledge Me. And they certainly don’t obey Me. However, when their outcomes don’t line up with their expectations, they are mad at Me. If they want something different, do something different.’ I was a bit shocked. Not what I was expecting to hear or write today by a long shot! However, it was so important. 

The Lord sent me to a scripture that people use and say ALL OF THE TIME – Jeremiah 29:11. The Message Translation says it like this, “I know what I’m doing. I have it all planned out- plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.” I began to wonder how many of you have missed out some plans because you refused to listen? (Insert: when I ask this question, I am including myself!) Have you ever asked yourself why there is a “why” attached to your response whenever the Lord asks you to do something? Wouldn’t it make sense to just do what He says? Wouldn’t you get to that future with fewer mishaps if you went with the plan? I wanted to say wouldn’t you get their easier but the Lord wouldn’t let me write it. You see, this whole thing isn’t about easier but it’s about structure. The Lord clearly says that He has a plan. So, if you work within the confines of His plan then you will get to the result.  Right? I know, I know…there is that funny thing called free will. It’s a real thing! The issue is that you can choose to obey.  Now that puts free will in a completely new place for me! You can clearly choose to do what you want to do but you also can just choose to do what He said.  I mean, his plan is three fold – take care of you, not abandon you, and give you the future you hope for. The problem you have is your plan usually falls short in one of these areas. How’s that free will thing working out for you?

I don’t know if this is making sense or not but I am stuck! It’s time to change perspectives. It is time to stop looking at this destiny thing as if it’s a lottery chance. It is not! The Lord said that He KNOWS the plans He has for you. Got it? Your destiny is settled. Your next is assured. Could it be that the reason you aren’t winning is because your part has not been handled with assurance? You read that scripture and add all sorts of conditional statements and feelings and emotions instead of saying, God has this handled, let me just get on board.  Listen! Will you try trusting Him with your life? Will you take your hands off everything and give it to Him? I mean get in line with the plan. How? He says to you, “Go preach My word.” You say, “Ok. Tell me where to go.” He says, “Stop going to that place. It’s not in line with My will for you.” You say, “Ok. Show me where I need to be.” He says to you, “Pour your energy here and stop wasting it there.” You say, Ok. Tell me what to do.” You see where I’m going? There is a purpose to every instruction. It’s a part of the plan! Your responsibility is to say ok.

Amen.

No comments: