Thursday, November 28, 2013

Feel the Love...


“Oh give thanks to the Lord, for He is good, for His steadfast love endures forever!”(Ps. 107:1) This morning I woke up with a sense of awe. It was similar to the feeling I got when I first looked in my baby’s eyes and knew that I had helped to give her life. The wonder of it was a bit overwhelming. You may be asking what brought this feeling about. It’s simple, really. I just thought about the fact that God loves me. He allowed me to wake up and see another day. He allowed me to take a breath and walk around. Have you ever really thought about that? There are so many that did not have that opportunity today. There are families that are grieving today. There are hearts that are broken but today you have life. It may not be the life you imagined for yourself at this time but it’s life. It’s your chance for a new start, a new perspective and a new goal. It’s your opportunity to live out God’s purpose for your life with a renewed motivation. It’s time to bask in the glow of God’s love.

Today, on this Thanksgiving holiday, I just want to encourage you to reflect on that perfect love. It’s so easy to be distracted by the circumstances of your life. You can become depressed, distracted, and frustrated. The enemy will do all that he can to draw your focus away from God and towards the worries and concerns of the world and walk in frustration and fear. But God has so much more for you. “For I know the thoughts I have for you, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.” (Jer. 29:11 NKJV) Just think how powerful that is. No matter what the enemy says to you, God has plans for you to prosper. No matter what your family says or does, God has you on His mind. No matter what your situation is, God has a future prepared for you. That’s love, folks!

So I challenge you today to focus your sights on the love of God. He loved you so much that He sacrificed His only Son for you and your mess. He loves you with a perfect love that will never fail you. He loves you with a love that will never be contingent on what you do or don’t do. It is unconditional and unending. So today, whether you are gathering with your family or alone, know that you are loved. “And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow – not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. No power in the sky above or in the earth below – indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.” (Rom. 8:37-39 NLT) That’s love!

Be blessed…AMEN

 

No comments: