Thursday, May 17, 2012

Perfecting Me...


I wondered this morning if I should write my entry. I was struggling with some things and I felt like I was a little shaky. The enemy seems to have me on his list right now and it was really tough. I had a Habakkuk moment and asked God how much longer. I looked around and all I saw was walls. In the natural, I wanted to give up. But He sent 3 people to speak life into me and encourage my spirit. He showed me through them that He sees and hears my prayers. Through the Holy Spirit, they built me back up. It’s interesting for me to write that because I know the Word and what God has promised but sometimes even dedicated Christians need a word of encouragement.  So God said “Write and tell somebody that it’s okay. There is nothing impossible for Me.” So here I am to remind someone that there is a dawn on the other side of the darkness and victory at the end of that battle. So I am being obedient and asking God to lead me. This is not for everyone but if this is for you, come with me.

I want to encourage you today ,that if you are struggling or trying to rebuild your faith, to find rest in the Lord. Recently, I’ve begun to soak in His presence. Whether its 15 minutes or 30 minutes or an hour, I will turn on some instrumental worship music, lie down and let the Lord minister to me. For someone like me that’s always on the move, to consciously take the time to stop and just listen has been a revelation. In doing so, I can feel His presence covering me and restoring me. Often, I will hear a word or see a clear vision or sometimes I will fall in a deep sleep but when I get up, I know that He’s been with me. Psalm 138 came to me this morning and when I read verses 7&8, I knew that God heard me. Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You will revive me; You will stretch out Your hand against the wrath of my enemies, and Your right hand will save me. The Lord will perfect that which concerns me; Your mercy, O Lord, endures forever; Do not forsake the works of Your hands.” (NKJV)

No matter what is going on, God will work out the plans for your life. It’s hard when you don’t understand why something is happening but sometimes it’s not meant for us to. Romans 11:33 says “Oh, how great are God’s riches and wisdom and knowledge! How impossible it is for us to understand His decisions and His ways!” We have to remember that His ways and thoughts are higher than ours. As hard as it may be, we have to let God do the working and “…know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose for them.” Think back to some of the situations in your life. Can’t you see how God’s hand guided and directed things to work out for your good? He hasn’t changed! He’s still watching and working. “Though the Lord is on high, yet He regards the lowly…” (Psalm 138:6)

God is faithful and He knows. Rest in Him and meditate on His word. He will answer even if it’s not the way that we expect.  AMEN!

1 comment:

Phyllis J. said...

Thanks Ebony, this is definitely for me!! I feel like I have been wandering in the desert for quite some time now and I am ready for the Promised Land. Like you stated, His ways are not my ways and His timing is not my timing so I must be patient as I wait.

Stay Blessed!!
Phyllis